Cool Running log import (Read 5406 times)

eric :)

THANK YOU!!!! this worked and only took about 2 minutes. Now I just have to manually enter my data since the move from heck and I am going to be a happy girl!
    Ennay, Did I read your post correctly? You're planning to import your data manually? You can have your data imported automatically into this site. All you need to do is go to your training log. On the left side is its navigation tabs. Towards the bottom of the tabs is one called "tools". Click that and you'll find a link that lets you import your data. It's a whole lot easier and faster than doing everything manually. eric Smile

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, Did I read your post correctly? You're planning to import your data manually? You can have your data imported automatically into this site. All you need to do is go to your training log. On the left side is its navigation tabs. Towards the bottom of the tabs is one called "tools". Click that and you'll find a link that lets you import your data. It's a whole lot easier and faster than doing everything manually. eric Smile
      Oh no no no no no good GOD no. I got it all imported smoothly and quickly from when cool running stopped. I just had to then add the stuff that I had been putting in "active" trainer for the past month. "Fortunately" I've been sick most of the last month, so it wasnt all that much, 10 workouts or so. THanks!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

RickM

Eric ,well done! Big grin I was just referred to this site by a fellow runner. We both had been using CR for a number of years. I did not like Active Trainer so I created my own MS Access log. Now that I found your web site I will start using it (until you either start charging or sell out to someone) Tongue. Since CR gave us plenty of notice I started saving my logs on a weekly basis. I had no problems importing my CR cgi file to your log. I only need to fix up my shoe list and I'll be good to go.
        Jayr

Does the log transfer based on email address or screen name or what?

Does the log transfer based on email address or screen name or what?
            CR's data comes in a CGI file, which is imported into whatever account you're using when you click the Import button. I guess I just don't quite understand what you're asking. If you don't mind elaborating, I can probably give you a better answer. eric Smile
            Jayr

Sure.. I had my running log moved from cool running to Active.com. from reading some info around here and there; I'm under the impression I might be able to have that log moved to this site? I do believe I have read the way upon which to this, but not affraid to admit,I think I still need help.Because I'm affraid should I do something real wrong I would lose the entire log the the abyss. Thank you! j Smile

Sure.. I had my running log moved from cool running to Active.com. from reading some info around here and there; I'm under the impression I might be able to have that log moved to this site? I do believe I have read the way upon which to this, but not affraid to admit,I think I still need help.Because I'm affraid should I do something real wrong I would lose the entire log the the abyss. Thank you! j Smile
                Drop me an email via the feedback and I'll help you through it. eric Smile

Bugs

Eric, Your logging functionality is great. I went to a new doctor this week and came fully prepared with graphs that summarized my mileage, along with prints-outs of the calendars from the last four months, showing what other doc visit what day, what pain what day. He was pretty impressed and asked, "How do you do that?" I sent him here. Big grin My log were a bit of a mess, Excel, sports track, and I manually entered 2 years. Yucky work but glad I did it. Thank You!

Bugs

Eric, Your logging functionality is great. I went to a new doctor this week and came fully prepared with graphs that summarized my mileage, along with prints-outs of the calendars from the last four months, showing what other doc visit what day, what pain what day. He was pretty impressed and asked, "How do you do that?" I sent him here. Big grin My log were a bit of a mess, Excel, sports track, and I manually entered 2 years. Yucky work but glad I did it. Thank You!
                    Bugs, Did you say you're a software engineer? If you had the data in electronic format, it shouldn't be too hard to convert it into something the that importer would understand. It's done so it's all moot. I'm glad that you're all moved in. The next version of the log will definitely make you feel it's worth the effort. eric :-)

Bugs

Eric, it was such a mess, easier to do it with my head and hands and swear to be more organized in my next life. I feel already it is well worth it. Don't know how you manage this and your day job.

Bugs

FitFool

Many many many thanks. Following your instructions, I was able to recover my CoolRunning run log and import it to RunningAhead. I'm so glad a friend mentioned this website. I was just looking for another discussion board. Imagine my happiness at finding instructions for importing the data from CoolRunning too!
                          I was looking for this information today for one of my friends, and couldn't find it here. I know it's somewhere, but this looks like the best thread to keep it. If you have an excel sheet and have to fiddle with it like I did, the headers need to be as follows. I know it works with tab delimited file, but I'm showing it with commas as it's easier to read here. DATE (M/D/YEAR),TIME OF DAY (24-HOUR FORMAT),SPORT,ROUTE,DISTANCE,MEASURE,KM,ELAPSED TIME,WORKOUT TYPE,SHOES,WEIGHT,WEATHER,TEMPERATURE,AVG HEART RATE,RESTING HEART RATE,MAX HEART RATE,COMMENTS

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com