Brr... (Read 849 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Forecast for my race day on Sunday (sunrise 8:13, low winds, partly cloudy): Time - actual temp - feels like 8am - 35°F - 32°F 9am - 37°F - 33°F 10am - 41°F - 36°F Damn...just 3 weeks since the Chicago Marathon through the sweltering pits of Hell. I just today found a good deal on a LS Nike shirt (I loves me some TJ Maxx) with those extra long sleeves with thumbholes, but now I think I may actually start the race in regular lightweight gloves. Dang.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Damn!!! Well as long as it isn't snowing *knock on wood* BTW I have one of those Nike SHirts with the thumbholes..... AWESOME SHIRT!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is your shirt also a turtleneck? I don't normally care for turtlenecks and it's really gaudy royal blue with bright yellow trim, but it will serve me better than my other LS tops. Now I'm wondering if I might want to wear a fleece jacket, too, though. Gah, I can't really remember what I should wear under those conditions. It won't be windy, so I think the single layer will be OK. I have plenty of blubber to keep me warm. Wink This will be kind of a shock to the system. I think my coldest run this year was 45 or so. Eek. k

~ Sarah Kay

Turtleneck?? No but when it gets freezing I wish it was! I think running tights and a long sleeve shirt will be fine! MTA: not that you asked my opinion Embarrassed

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All of my tights are just 3/4 length, so I think I will wear my favorite brooks pants...they aren't too heavy or too thin. Very comfy for just above freezing. k

~ Sarah Kay

See I've never found a pair of running pants that I've liked Confused

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

See I've never found a pair of running pants that I've liked Confused
                I've only had a couple that I've liked. And these are CHEAP at runbargains.com. Great for short legs, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Where are you racing zoom?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Another Passion

I have a feeling you'll warm up after a bit Zoomie. Wink Best of luck in your race!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Where are you racing zoom?
                      GR--the half marathon. I expect to see you at the marathon starting line next year...with me and a few other RA folks (assuming they can heal from their injuries). Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a feeling you'll warm up after a bit Zoomie. Wink Best of luck in your race!! Can't wait to hear about it!
                        Thanks! Oh, I know after just a half mile or so that I will be comfy, but man that waiting for the start is gonna be awful...before the sun even rises... I'm seriously feeling chilled just thinking about it. I think we're gonna be in for a looooong Winter.... I don't know how our Alaskan and Canadian members do it every year! k

~ Sarah Kay

I just today found a good deal on a LS Nike shirt (I loves me some TJ Maxx) with those extra long sleeves with thumbholes,
                          Very cool Champion shirts like that at Target! Actually, it looked like they had mittens that flipped over the fingertips. Of course, they didn't have any smalls. Tongue
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very cool Champion shirts like that at Target! Actually, it looked like they had mittens that flipped over the fingertips. Of course, they didn't have any smalls. Tongue
                            Ooh, shirts with mittens built-in?! I may have to check those out. That sounds even better than the Nike shirt. I know I'm going to want hand coverings of some sort, but I don't think I want to wear actual gloves or anything. k

~ Sarah Kay

I want to go shopping with Zoomie and Joni Sad You'll warm up fast, and I bet you'll be fine. I love those shirts with the thumbholes. You might want light gloves to start. I would think a fleece jacket would be too warm and a pain to carry when you took it off. Can you just wear an extra layer to start and leave it with did right before the race starts?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can you just wear an extra layer to start and leave it with did right before the race starts?
                                Yeah, I might just do that. And maybe one of my cheap-ass pair of lightweight fleece gloves that I can toss if I end up not wanting to deal with them. k

~ Sarah Kay