Glasses Fogging Up (Read 638 times)

Just Do It

My new Oakleys fogged up constantly throughout my run today. One of the reasons I bought then was that were supposed to be very fog resistant. Anybody else have same experience? Any ideas?
    My NY running blog Never Quit
      Spit on them and wash the spit off with water before the run -- an old scuba diving trick.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Beatin' on the Rock

I have a pair that do that; they fit closer to the face and don't let in new, cooler air. I'll have to try the spit trick!
        Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          There's also "Cat Crap." It's pretty effective; most ski and dive shops carry it.
          Gig

I only have that issue when wearing my balaclava. My in-laws are on vacation, so I have to clean their cat's litter box tonight on the way home from work. I'll grab some cat crap and give that a try tonight.
              I only have that issue when wearing my balaclava. My in-laws are on vacation, so I have to clean their cat's litter box tonight on the way home from work. I'll grab some cat crap and give that a try tonight.
              lol Big grin
              Nev

Try wiping with a week solution of washing up liquid and water - always worked with motorcyle visors. Regards Nev
                  There's also "Cat Crap." It's pretty effective; most ski and dive shops carry it.
                  I did the experiment and found the spit to be more effective (and cheaper). But I did notice that I couldn't do this once the glasses got cold -- i.e., if I forgot before leaving the house. I found myself looking through a haze of frozen spit (yuck).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

invisible

Washing a bathroom mirror with shaving cream, stops it from fogging up. It would probably work on sunglasses, too.
                    90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                    invisible

Don't rinse with water! Just put the foam on and rub it over.
                      90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                        Ditto on the spit. Works for swimmers. ( former swimmer )

- Anya

The ski shops sell anti-fog cloths and that has worked some for me... but lately nothing is working (sub 15 degrees)
                            I grew up snow skiing and we always used gel toothpaste on goggles - scrub it around and the rinse it off. Works like a charm but not as cheap as spit. Kevin
                            Don't let the fat fool you .....
                            Timbodeener

Get Lasik! I did and I love it!
                                Big grin
                                Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09