RWOL Refugees -- (Read 3876 times)

BexKix, Bagel Defender

I thought I would give us a place where we can happen to run into each other.  Commence.

xor

It was already commenced! 

Twice!

Although it is hard to tell, those are links to other RWOL "I am here, are you here?" threads.

Welcome to RA.

BexKix, Bagel Defender

And I missed it?  :*(

Sharz96

I'm here.  Just transfered my running log.  I hope RWOL eventually settles into something bearable, but it isn'at for now, so ... here I am.

StepbyStep-SH

Check the "New to RA" thread on the Running 101 board.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

xor

Check the "New to RA" thread on the Running 101 board.

That was one of the two things I linked above, but I got too fancy with my link names.  Lo siento mucho.

StepbyStep-SH

Oops! I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize they were links. Blush

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

STEP!!!!!

Welcome to our new cabana.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Thought of checking how many of us have moved.  Not many, I see.

Format not much different, though. Better smileys, though. Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Your just looking in the wrong thread.  Move up 1 forum to Running 101

xor

Hi, guys.  Thought of checking how many of us have moved.  Not many, I see.

Format not much different, though. Better smileys, though. Joking

Click on either link in my response above.

joescott

For those of us clearly ignorant of RWOL, what happened to cause the exodus?  For me back a few years ago I left Coolrunning because Active bought them and they were going to start charging money and I thought it was a total debacle.  Besides, when I got over here I liked it a LOT better anyway.  Did something like this happen at RW?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Reasons may vary but two biggies recently were a major reformatting that a lot of people didn't like and a huge deluge of spam threads that RWOL mods/devs either couldn't or wouldn't deal with.

xor

Those were the two big reasons.

HOWEVER.... RWOL is also in the process of dumping their old log (built by The Great and Powerful eric) in favor of training peaks.  So when the "where else can we go?" question was floated, RA became a natural answer because of the Mack Daddy log.

joescott

That explains a lot.  I've tried TP, and I find it to be a total user experience disaster.  And as you say, what the Great and Powerful eric has built pretty well rocks.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.