Holy Frack, my car was hit by a runner! (Read 391 times)

A Saucy Wench

I was leaving Costco.  The sidewalk is about 5-6 feet from the street.  I stopped before the sidewalk to look for pedestrians and cars, there was a runner WAY down the sidewalk, about a block away, pulled forward to pull out and a car came around the corner so I stopped. 

At this point my car is still in the driveway, but across the sidewalk.  Just sitting there.  Not moving.  Behind the first oncoming car was a few more cars and then there were some the other direction so I had to wait.  When out of nowhere WHAM.  The runner slams into the side of my car. 

She was apparently running, while talking on her phone and arguing with her boyfriend and wasn't paying any attention at all and just ran smack into my car.  This was the 3rd Costco entrance she had to cross, she is lucky she wasnt creamed by an SUV.

My car is unhurt.  The runner bruised her arm and hip and dropped her phone.  The phone may never recover

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It takes a special kind of stupid to run into a car-sized object that looks and sounds like a car...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

People need to get over their d%!& phones.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

jfa

That's  a good one. Was she apologetic? Completely embarassed?

Any witnesses? Is it on youtube yet?

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

*sigh*

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Well, that is embarrassing. Glad she was okay, and your car wasn't damaged. I wonder if she learned a lesson.

Michelle

Village people

So much for multitasking.

People need to get over their d%!& phones.

OMG YES ^.

That is so unbelievably dumb, and what a terrible shock for you! I'm glad nobody was more seriously hurt, including the car! I was worried the story was going to end with her somehow blaming you but it doesn't sound like that happened.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It takes a special kind of stupid to run into a car-sized object that looks and sounds like a car...

This.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

half-fast

The phone may never recover

Clearly the phone had a death wish.  The runner was just collateral damage...

joescott

This was the 3rd Costco entrance she had to cross, she is lucky she wasnt creamed by an SUV.

Indeed.  The way people seem to seem to drive into and out of Costco this is a minor miracle.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

an amazing likeness

There is a house nearby which has a black Jeep SUV with blacked out back windows. Every now and then their driveway is full of cars and they end up parking this thing across the sidewalk. There are no street lights. I run at night. BAM!  Twice so far.

It hurts.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

There is a house nearby which has a black Jeep SUV with blacked out back windows. Every now and then their driveway is full of cars and they end up parking this thing across the sidewalk. There are no street lights. I run at night. BAM!  Twice so far.

It hurts.

Man.  Of all people who deserve a break.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

Clearly the phone had a death wish.  The runner was just collateral damage...

hah!   exactly

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7