Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

Go Green Wave!

Sorry this is late. I have been out of the 'running scene' for 7 months. I just wanted to jump on in there and give my thanks to you, erik, for this phenomenal GPS integration tool. I remember when the idea was first brought up, and now here it is! Let me just say, YOU ROCK DUDE!

Eric,

I have used Running Ahead ever since I got my Garmin 305 in March 2009.  I love the site and the watch.  Today, I tried to upload my runs from this past weekend and got the following response:

"GPS import currently supports the Garmin Forerunner GPS only and requires Garmin Communicator Plugin version 2.6.4.

Please follow the Garmin Installation Guide to connect your Forerunner to RunningAHEAD.

I will add support for other training devices such as Nike+ when I get hold of one."

I have never had this problem before, but I figured go ahead and download it... I did and it goes through the whole process only to tell me that the install was completed successfully, but then the garmin plugin test pages says it is not detected.

Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page

Garmin Communicator Plugin is NOT detected. See our download and installation instructions.

Can you please help me?

Thank yo so much!

-Katie

eric :)

Hi Katie,

What browser are you using?  If you're using IE, did you (or Windows automatically) upgrade it to IE8?  If so, the plugin maybe blocked by the browser.  When the yellow bar pops up at the top of the page when you're at the GPS import page, you should click on it to enable the ActiveX control.

If that's not it, then please provide more info about your system.

eric :-)

Her Eric,

Thanks so much for the reply - that is so cool.  Unfortunately, I am running a Mac 10.5.7 with Safari version 4.0.2.  

Does this help or do you need more information?

Thanks again,

Katie

amarrin1

hey eric,

I just downloaded the recommened verision and when i got to GPS Import at the bottom where it says "Status": it says something about control.

Not exactly sure what to do.

Goldnblazer

I have recorded a couple of workouts with my new Forerunner and it works flawlessly.

Nice addition to the log.

Eric,

I could never get it to work with my Mac OSX 10.5.7 running Safari 4.0.2, but I was able to get it to work with Firefox 3.0.10.  Thanks so much for your help.

-Katie

Kenotic Runner

Eric -- I'm up to a few hundred miles on my Garmin 405 and I just wanted to say...

Thank you. 

Dave

Eric,

I could never get it to work with my Mac OSX 10.5.7 running Safari 4.0.2, but I was able to get it to work with Firefox 3.0.10.  Thanks so much for your help.

-Katie

Katie, for what it's worth, I could never get it working under 10.5.X and Safari (any version).  Update to Snow Leopard and the latest Garmin Communicator plugin seems to have fixed it for me (although it hangs frequently and I have to hit cancel and start over).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com