Podrunner Podcasts (Read 474 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So...I'm looking at these podcasts. Anyone have any specific ones to recommend for my 10 mile virtual race tomorrow? I'm figuring I will be out there for almost 2 hours including my warm-up and cool-down. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

If you've not practiced running with them, you might not want to do that for your race! "Nothing new on race day" applies to music too! Running with what's essentially a musical metronome is very different than running at your own pace where your cadence varies easily and naturally with the scenery. If you must do them for the first time tomorrow, download a series of them in 5 BPM increments so that you can at least find something close to where you naturally run. I naturally fall between 155 and 160 BPM, but I have short steps to go with my relatively slow cadence. Wink I'm in no danger of overstriding. Since you don't know yet what you'll do, why not grab the ones from 140-180. I'm sure your mega-memory i-pod can handle it. If not, drop the lower ones... 140's slow even for me! Good luck tomorrow!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I might just stick with my familiar music tomorrow and play with the podcats this coming week. Thankfully they are free. If I had a hard time not downloading every cool song that tickles my fancy BEFORE I got my pretty Nano, now I'm REALLY in trouble! It's so easy to just download, then my CC bill comes and there are $15 or more worth of downloads for the month...oops!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LydiaT

I just "borrow" what my kids buy. I've limited them to $10 a month. 2 kids, 20 songs, I'm happy.