Garmin "other" sports entry question (Read 721 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I use auto-pause on the bike when I'm not racing and will be stopping here and there...for road I have it pause if my speed drops <3mph.  But if I'm on my mountain bike it's constantly stopping and starting and driving the hell out of me.  It's a PITA to be going into the menu to change the auto-pause speed setting, though.

Does anyone know if I can upload a workout to my bike log if I have my Forerunner set to record a workout as "other?"

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

RA imports the data recorded as "other sport" same as any other data.  What RA doesn't do auto assign the resulting workout type as "run" or "bike", it comes in as default.  (for me at least...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...so all I have to do is assign what it is when I edit my log entry, it just doesn't do it automatically, as it does for workouts specified on the Garmin itself, correct?

~ Sarah Kay

Yup

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...so when I tried to save my workout after editing in type and equipment and comments it demanded a name for the interval set (?) and now won't let me specify equipment or workout type.  It's only giving me the option of "default" for workout type and "no equipment".  Prior to hitting save I was able to select these things appropriately. Confused

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It let me back in to edit the entry appropriately...perhaps I discovered an errant bug...?

~ Sarah Kay

Perhaps you need to save it as a Ru or Bike workout before the database connects the entry with your workout type and equipment options ... ?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau