For Your Viewing Pleasure (Read 733 times)

Rundadrun27

I don't normally watch PBS, but this could be interestinghttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/marathon/index.html
      I don't watch PBS much either. Commanding Heights was good though. Big grin

Vim

An excellent program and must see for anyone contemplating running a marathon. It follows twelve new runners through nine months of preparation and training from the first one mile run to the final twenty mile long run. It was amazing how out of shape most of them were at first but how quickly they responded to exercise. It was also interesting to see how few actually lost weight during training, a testament to the importance of proper diet over exercise. I won't ruin it for others by talking about how many of the participants actually made it. You'll need to watch the program to find out. It's available as five online chapters at the link below. Marathon Challenge Tom
          It's a rerun from October, but I won't spoil it. Watched it over dinner w/ the wife as a pump-up for Boston. Our eyes moistened. We cheered. She misses running. She has a boo-boo. I hope it heals soon.
            Between Nova and the recent marathon race reports, running is turning me into a cryin' fool!