Long Run (Read 815 times)

jriv777

Hello,

I had a planned long run of 17 miles and had to cut it short by 3 miles due to the weather; it began

to thunder and rain outside.

My next long run is planned for two weeks away and the distance this time is between 19 and 20

miles.

Since I had to cut my long run short this week, is it still okay for me to attempt the 19 to 20 mile

on my next planned long run?

How should I handle this?  I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks.... 

(If you make your log public, it's easier for people to answer training questions; they know what you're doing aside from the long run to support the long run.)

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

Three half marathons later, I got a number. Half Fanatic #9292. :)

jriv777

Thank you CanadianMeg for replying; my training log is on www.dailymile.com; I signed up in late March 2011.

In summary, my total monthly milage is as follows: 

April 2011 - Total miles run was 62

May 2011 - Total miles run was 99

June 2011 - Total miles run was 86 

July 2011 - Total miles run as of 7/24/11 is 72  ( I plan on running 25 more miles this week for 97 total )

I built up my long run to 10 miles and increased it to 15.5 recently on July 10, 2011.  I had planned

on increasing my long run 2 extra miles giving me 17 yesterday July 24th but had to cut it short

due to the weather; I only got in 14.

Thanks....