Mean dog (Read 1337 times)

xor

Ilene, show us your other turtle picture. You know the one.

#artbydmcbride

I don't know what you mean, stevie ray! So about dogs that chase you..........should you take them back to their home or let them run with you?

Runners run

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Out of curiosity, what kind of medicine to you plan to practice?
        Emergency.
        And: you must be in medical school at Harvard.
        Oddly, no. Am I correct in assuming then, that all practicing physicians have boundless compassion for humanity except toward those who went to medical school at Harvard? Trent, as JK so kindly pointed out, my statement was qualified. When I'm not out being chased or clotheslined, I really have very little issue with dog owners (hey, some of my best friends are dog owners, including my sister). I have been even known, on occasion, to write letters in support of dog parks and such crazy things. However, I fear dogs, having been bitten four times now (twice, admittedly, when I wasn't running, but I do get chased more, and run into more off-leash dogs when I run), and I find my limbs are safer if I assume your dog is dangerous, and that you are not responsible enough to control your dog. I'm sorry that all dog owners can't be as responsible as you claim to be. If that were the case, I'd obviously feel differently.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yup. My only really bad experience with an off-dog leash - in an area with very strict leash laws - came when I was 16 years old. And I hit the poor thing with my car. A little poodle. It was traumatic. The dog lived, but it was horrible. I'm holding the thing in my arms in a rainstorm, blood dribbling out of its mouth, its whole body shaking.
          Man, that's the sort of thing that a person carries their entire life. It's a shame that you had to go through that (especially as a young driver) and it's a shame that the poor dog wasn't cared for enough to be protected from repeated injury by car. Irresponsible pet "owners" are one of my biggest pet peeves. The animals are always the first victim of their lack of care.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ringmaster

Just wanted you to hear from a fearful heart. Like JK's fiancee (a saint, obviously!), I am insanely, pathologically afraid of all dogs. Not because of any lack of training on their owners' part, I'm sure. Not even because of the way they look. Natural-ear Dobs (adorable!), sheepdogs, Rotts, poodles, powderpuffs. If it's a canine, I'm afraid. I'm sure it's a deeply-rooted childhood thing. I've tried to control it. It's beyond me. I don't run in my neighborhood because of this. Though it's a suburban area, with leash laws, they are not obeyed. Yes, I have neighbors whose dogs, I'm pretty sure, would run with me just for the pleasure of my company. Again, the minute I heard their steps near me, I would freak out, and then they would see me as prey. So their intentions are moot. I drive to another neighborhood with planned green areas and run there. No unleashed dogs there. Yet. Only leashed dogs walking with their owners. Some pull at the leash, but as their owners are with them, it's not an issue. The first day a dog growls at me will probably be the end of my running career. That's not an exaggeration. I am that afraid of dogs. (MTA: Yes, I know it's irrational.)

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So about dogs that chase you..........should you take them back to their home or let them run with you?
              I've never had one follow me very far in my area, though I was running with backroadrunner one time and a black lab followed us for miles, back to her house. Once we got back we put the dog in her Jeep and took him back to the area where he started following. Dumb dog was exhausted. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Emergency.
                Then you should love dog owners, since they will be providing you business in the future.
                Am I correct in assuming then, that all practicing physicians have boundless compassion for humanity except toward those who went to medical school at Harvard?
                Nope, and that was neither stated nor implied. I was just curious, given that you live a stone's throw away.
                as JK so kindly pointed out, my statement was qualified.
                Hatred with the fury of 1000 suns can be turned on and off at will? Who knew? You can assume things about dogs and their owners if that makes you safer (or at least feel safer), but there is no reason to hate.

Why is it sideways?

Trent. Chill.
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent. Chill.
                    Jeff, I love you with the fury of TEN thousand suns, bro.
                    xor

<cartman> Rainbows piss me off. </cartman>

What about if we hate with the fury of 1000 splendid suns. Is that better? I've told you all 1000 times not to exaggerate.
                          Seriously... how could you hate this?
                          And who am I anyway?
                          Just another fat jogger, evidently.
                          Purdey

Self anointed title

Classic punchline. Oh - and I'm calling horse-puckey on your story up there, by the way. If two bullmastiffs attacked you with intent to harm, you wouldn't be here. They were toying with you before eating you. HTFU. Or run faster.
                            Genuinely happened. Perhaps they didn't intend to harm me. You may well be right (as usual). However, it does not change the fact that they caused me harm (only a couple of stitches needed) even if they were toying. Agreed that I need to HTFU... and run faster. Perhaps canine threat should be introduced into some mean 400m interval sessions? If you drop below 70 sec laps the dogs are let loose?

Again, the minute I heard their steps near me, I would freak out, and then they would see me as prey.
                              I seriously doubt that freaking out can turn you into a milk bone.
                              The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
                              • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
                              • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
                              • Complete a 10K fun run
                                What the hell does MTA mean??