Weekly mileage not equal to summary for Year (Read 500 times)

...listen to the thunder

Hi, I recently started using RA and really like it. I've been manually entering 18 months of data and last night I must have entered something from 2007 as 2008 and then corrected it. No big deal, but I'm 7.02 miles too much in 2008 and 7.02 miles light in 2007. I've added up the weekly mileage for both years in RunningAhead and it is correct: 2002 miles in 2008(as of 12/19/08), and 1033.32 miles from July 2007 through December 31, 2007. My summary page has the 18 month total of 3035.32 correct, but shows that I have 2009 miles in 2008 and 1026.3 for 2007. I've looked at everyday and can't find the discrepancies anywhere. Is there a way to refresh the summary page so it matches the weekly mileage totals or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks, Bob.

Run, Eat, Repeat.

Wingz

Professional Noob

It looks like you've got two 7 mile runs entered for December 19, 2008. Is this correct? I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my brain around what you're trying to say.

Roads were made for journeys...

...listen to the thunder

Those two 7 milers from the 19th are correct. I think that I inadvertently put a 7 mile run in 2008 that was supposed to be in 2007. Then I corrected it to 2007 but the mileage seemed to stay in 2008 summary total. All the weekly mileage totals in 2008 add up to 2002 miles, but the summary page shows 2009 miles. I thought that maybe there was a bug or something that was creating the discrepancy in the summary total for the year because I screwed up and then corrected the data. Like I said, no big deal, but being a fanatic about my mileage data, I was just curious.

Run, Eat, Repeat.

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm not sure. Sometimes the program does weird things depending on which day of the week you start your weeks. Or perhaps it's because 2008 didn't start on the first day of the week. *shrugs* That's all the ideas I have for ya. Eric's been working super-hard trying to get the new log rolled out before the end of the year, and probably just hasn't had a chance to look at this post/problem. He's usually really good about helping users out with log tweaks. If for some reason he misses this post and if you can hang tight for a month and the log update doesn't fix the problem, I'd say drop him a line that way after the log rolls out. There's a little button on the lower right corner of the screen: "Feedback." This shoots him an email directly. Congrats on reaching 2000 miles this year! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

...listen to the thunder

Thanks. I'm hoping he sees it, but if not I can wait and see if the new version corrects it. Now a can take it easy for a few days and get ready for the next goal: 2009 miles next year. Smile

Run, Eat, Repeat.

eric :)

Hi pnthuntr, Recently, I changed how the annual mileage is tallied. It used to be that the annual mileage is calculated from the workout entries every time it is displayed. If you had many entires (over a thousand), the summary page may take a while to load. So changed it so that the sum is stored. There is a bug for when you change the date of a workout from one year to another in that the distance is not correctly moved from one year to the other. I fixed it in the new log but didn't think people will have this problem. I will recalculate the values during the upgrade to fix the problem. If I forget, please remind me. eric Smile

...listen to the thunder

Thanks for the response Eric. I'm glad to find out that I'm not just adding it up wrong(or crazy) and I'll stop looking for the discrepancy. I really enjoy RunningAhead and I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements you're going make to an already great site. Bob.

Run, Eat, Repeat.

...listen to the thunder

Thanks eric. Whether you recalculated them or the update corrected my numbers, they are now correct, thanks again. Oh, and have a Happy New Year.Smile Bob.

Run, Eat, Repeat.