What to eat before 5am run? (Read 1327 times)

xor

If I run 15 minutes after I eat, I go puke.  Or at least get a sour stomach.  I don't need that at 5a in da city.  Although I have seen a homeless dude crap on the sidewalk before.

I also know someone here who once stepped out her building's door and right into poop.

Only it wasn't dog poop...

This is just like our nightly dinner table conversation at my house....we somehow always end up discussing poop.
      DoppleBock

?? Run while eating - After - before - Its all good.  I generally avoid Mexican food right before running, but sometimes after chips  salsa and mucho grande margarittas a run is in order. 

gah.

I thought if you ran less than 30 minutes after eating you would go blind.  Or am I mixing up something else?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I've had pretty good luck with some low-fat chocolate milk.  (I usually cut the store-bought chocolate milk 50-50 with regular 2%.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

A Saucy Wench

I will say that with both my pregnancies if I could make it through the first 5 minutes of the run without puking, the run usually settled the morning sickness for several hours.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jill_B

I fly.

I used to eat pieces of pop tarts when I was pregnant and feeling queasy.  I could not have a fully empty stomach or I'd feel sick (of course every morsel of food I ate came back up too, but that's another story).  I would break off small pieces of pop tarts and eat them during my run.  Maybe that'll work for you...

MTA:  You can put them in the microwave for a couple of seconds (watch them or they'll explode) if you don't have time to toast...

Bring it on.

Kalsarikännit

Last pregnancy (with twins)

Did you go with Double Stuff's then?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

(bomp)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Smile

steph  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yogurt, people!

Yum! Big grin 

The last pregnancy I lived on saltines, chocolate milk and macaroni  & cheese for most of the 1st trimester. 

I will say that with both my pregnancies if I could make it through the first 5 minutes of the run without puking, the run usually settled the morning sickness for several hours.

LOL good to know there's hope!

I'm gonna take y'alls advice and just stock the pantry with oreos, fig newtons, pop-tarts and saltines (there's always goldfish and cheerios for the twins). I'll just grap what sounds good at the time.

THANKS!!!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As a postscript, DW discovered that her morning sickness went away when she gave up caffeine.  In her case it was not even coffee, but her customary hot tea that had to go away through the pregnancy.  Herbal tea was okay, but not black (true) tea.

uncontrollable

1/2 banana or 1/2 yogurt or 1/2 slice peanut butter toast

peace

SMART Approach

If solid food is a no go, try a gel or 2 with some water. ACCEL Gel has protein too.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com