Open Letter to Genesis Advetures re Westchester Marathon (Read 463 times)

From: Jonathan Zuckerman [mailto:jonathan_zuckerman@hotmail.com]Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 3:23 PMTo: info@genesisadventures.com Subject: Westchester Marathon December 25, 2007 Dear Sirs: I am certainly interested in eventually registering for the WestchesterMarathon or Half Marathon. However, I refuse to register with Active. I used to keep my log on CoolRunning.com. Under the "guise" of "improving" the site, Active has lost my data and changed the running log so that it is unworkable for me now.Consequently, I do not wish to use Active for anything because I feel that I can't trust them. If there is another way for me to register, I would certainly do so. Thank you for your time and attention. Very truly yours, Jonathan R. Zuckerman
    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      I am thinking about writing to some of the advertisers of Cool running.
      I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      juki

From the 2007 Westchester Marathon site: "Or, Option 2, Click here to download the form for MAIL-IN registration. As of 9/21/07 we are highly recommending online registration for all events. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO REGISTER ONLINE, PLEASE EMAIL Info@GenesisAdventures.com to request a mail in registration form. Please put the following text in the subject line: Westchester Registration Form Request" Many events have an "offline" option for registering. I hate paying the stupid fee that Active tacks on, so I usually do it by snail mail.
          Juki: Yes Thank you. Westchester Marathon sent me the application as an attachment to an email. If I do the Half Marathon I use Option 2. I always resented that fee that Active stuck on, as well as their attempt to trick you into subscribing to "free" magazines and to sign up for a membership allowing you discounts when you sign up for races. I think we should let the organizers of the races know we don't like Active. -Jonathan
          Pongo

Roll eyes How much have you paid Cool Running/Active for their running log??? Roll eyes
              I didn't pay Coolrunning anything for the log, but it was a valuable service to me. I sure won't pay Active $9.99 a month for a log that is worthless to me. Bear in mind that Coolrunning is NOT a charity. They put ads on their site. The sponsors who paid for the site fully expected it to be seen by runners. They wanted a high volume of people so that they in turn would sell more registrations to their races, or sneakers, or enegy drinks or whatever. Why shouldn't I tell them that the people they entrusted their money too are idiots?
              JPGarland

And then you can tell the organizers of the Westchester Half that you don't like race fees that are significantly higher than what other area HMs at about the same time, e.g., Yonkers, Ridgefield, and Grete, charge.