10,000 miles in less than 4 years (Read 868 times)

I'm not one to toot my own horn that often, but today I logged my 10,000th mile I have run since 12/22/07. Thanks to Eric's exemplary efforts to create the best running site on the Trenternet, I'm able to look back  at a graphical representation of each of them. This includes two 3,000 + mile years, and 8 marathons in the last 3 years. I have been extremely lucky to have been pretty much injury free for all of them. I have not become very much faster ( 4:22 first, 3:59 best last fall) , but that has never been my primary goal. Mainly it's been about going out for 30,40,50 hours a month to keep my head on straight. The past few years have been ,in many ways, the most tumultuous in my life. Running has been my therapy.

Each and every one of those miles had to be forged by placing one foot in front of the other. I enjoyed every one of them. Even the ones that really sucked (relatively few) were enjoyable when they were done.

I can't wait to see where my future miles take me. Here's to the next 10k.

Whoot . Whoot.

That's awesome, Joe. Congrats on the 10k.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Needs more cowbell!

Wow...that is some serious mileage in a short time! Amazing milestone...congrats!

I shoot pretty things! ~

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Prince of Fatness

Way to go, Joe!

Semi-retired.

I look my best blurry!

I'll follow your lead and go for 10K.  So many inspirational runners here.   Congrats Joe!

Wow!  Congrats Joe!

steph  

OCD  If you don't laugh...   

Wow, inspirational! Congrats Joe and keep going.

I just looked at your log, and it shows exactly 10,000.  Are you having a hard time logging your next run and messing up the number?  I would be. Smile

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Yes. I did think about that. Ephemeral, that what all this is.

Nice work, Joe. Keep it rollin'!

day after day sameness

Wow, that's impressive work and results!  Worthy of horn-tootin' if you ask me.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Queen of 3rd Place

WTG, Joe! Gotta love those nice, round numbers.

Ex runner

just a simple cat

10,000 miles!!??   Shocked   You must be tired!  Go take a nap!   Smile

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

Joe: Pride of the Garden State.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

AndySew

That's just amazing! Wish I could do like thatBig grin