Running With or Without Music (Read 1379 times)

BeliasX

Never Back Down

The topic name says it all. I can't stand running without music, it feels like forever anyone that feels the same or opposite? Smile
    "No pain, no gain."
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I run without music. I run outside and I prefer to hear anyone approaching from behind by car/bike/foot/etc. I am more aware of my surroundings.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

BeliasX

Never Back Down

I run without music. I run outside and I prefer to hear anyone approaching from behind by car/bike/foot/etc. I am more aware of my surroundings.
        You could always do laps around the football field Wink
        "No pain, no gain."
        monikam

I used to always run with music until one day I was doing intervals and one of the headphones kept falling out and irritating me. I took off the headphones and discovered running without music.. It was so peacefull, I loved it. I've been running without music ever since. I just like it more that way. Smile
          Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon - Sep 28
          ymmv

The topic name says it all. I can't stand running without music, it feels like forever anyone that feels the same or opposite? Smile
            I'm really weird. I find that music distracts me from the pleasure of the run.
            Jill_B

I fly.

I go through periods where I don't want music, but right now I really like my I-Pod when I run.

Bring it on.

Here we go again! Next let's discuss iPods during a race.
                  I have found that listening to music can also distract you from the appearance of aches and pains, leading to injury. This is especially true during hard workouts like tempo runs and intervals. I don't understand how anyone has the concentration necessary to listen to music while doing intervals. Now I enjoy all of my runs without music.
                    I like running for running. Sometimes the music can be a complete distraction and I won't enjoy the way the run feels or the scenery as much. Other times, though, it gets me going and is very welcome! Just depends on what I'm going to do and where!
                      SmileWhatever works for people is great. For me it's no music-morning is such a quiet peaceful time for me. Blessings Kathy
                      C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BeliasX

Never Back Down

Please dont spam CarmelRunner.. back to topic: I really need music when im doing a 1hour runTongue
                          "No pain, no gain."
                            Both! I love music, especially when I've got some new downloads to listen to, but there are many days where I hate the idea of something in my ears or any sound outside of birds chirping and my own breath. Sometimes a peppy mix is just the ticket to keep that long tempo run right on track, sometimes it's a distraction. Either way, I'm glad I'm not married to it - I feel for those people that ask, "My race doesn't allow headphones, what do I do??"
                            JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

BeliasX

Never Back Down

We really need moderators... Sad Atleast we know the true nature of these topic destroyers Evil grin
                                "No pain, no gain."