Cloned Animals coming to dinner? (Read 809 times)

Just thought I would allow the flood gates to open with this one Wink Just saw on the news this evening, and If ever there were a reason to drink Organic Milk, and be wary of eating Meat, DeadI would say this is it..... How about all of you? Hope everyone will share.... Cheffy

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

HOSS1961

Will it be labeled???? Once cloned animals breed how will you tell???? BTW that is already moving forward in the beef industry, cloned animals for breeding stock.
      HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
      JakeKnight

DILLIGAF

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

DILLIGAF
          Yes, yes it does. Call your sponsor.

Amy

obiebyke

I GAF. It just seems creepy to me. And it lowers the level of our biodiversity even more. Jake-- remember that this means if one animal has a genetic problem that will harm humans, then is cloned as sold as meat or milk... It's a recipe for disaster, seems to me.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

DILLIGAF
              LOL! YWGAF when cloning comes to a banana crop near you...... Tongue

JakeKnight

Yes, yes it does. Call your sponsor.
                I thought you were my sponsor. So far, you kinda suck at it. --------------------------------- Whoever wrote this was not only unnaturally handsome, but also preternaturally wise:
                I believe that when I die, I will go to a shiny, happy place where I can hang out at my favorite running site without hearing a word about politics, religion, global warming, animal rights, vegetarianism, or - to paraphrase the great Ferris Bueller - any ism at all. Where all you can find is witty, snarky remarks about Gu flavors, bloody nipples, chafed thighs, and Jessica Alba. A place in which I don't have the first clue about what someone prays to, sleeps with, or votes for ... but where I know for a fact that they'd rub BodyGlide on my inner thighs if I was desperate.
                But that dream is gonna die hard and quick, my friends. Instead we'll get this:
                I GAF. It just seems creepy to me. And it lowers the level of our biodiversity even more. Jake-- remember that this means if one animal has a genetic problem that will harm humans, then is cloned as sold as meat or milk... It's a recipe for disaster, seems to me.
                Jesus wept. Screw it. Let's bust out abortion, too. Toss in some religion. Add a little divisive identity politics. Communist liberals on this side, nazi conservatives on that side. Probably shouldn't forget race. Maybe get a good America v. Europe spiel going? How about some gay marriage? And let's not forget global warming! And since its a running site, let's all bash iPods, Jeff Galloway, and Dean Karnazes for a while. And that damn Team in Training. I hate those smug purple bastards. Hell, we can be just like every other website on the planet in about five minutes! Trying to keep this place special is way over-rated if you asked. What do ya say? It'll be fun! I'll check back later to see how you're doing. I have to go rape the environment for a minute. But organically, don't you know.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

obiebyke

Tell me how you really feel. Tongue

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Surely, if I like the first hamburger, I'd prefer to have another exactly like it so I'd prefer to have the second cut from a clone of the cow used for the first?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JK, you know that food can be both cloned and organic?

Fool

I hear all that cloned food tastes the same anyways...
                          I hear all that cloned food tastes the same anyways...
                          WAAAHHHH !!! Tongue

flatland mountaineer

Will it be labeled???? Once cloned animals breed how will you tell???? BTW that is already moving forward in the beef industry, cloned animals for breeding stock.
                            Huh?

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This argument has been put forth pretty seriously for cloned seeds and grains, hasn't it, where it is much further long? I think it is a fairly reasonable argument, that there is a societal risk to losing the biodiversity, but I think it is also a paradox of the aggregate problem, and democracies are not strong at avoiding that trap, altho they have the chance to be stronger at avoiding it than libertarian or anarchic societies Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Here's the guestion I have about cloning. If most rational people feel that cloning is a crime against nature/God and some how just seems wrong no matter how "safe" it is for our food supply etc. Why are 'we' doing it? Who are the people doing the research and science behind it? Besides money, what motive do they have? Is it really cheaper to produce cloned animals? Why are we as a society allowing this to happen even though most people I talk to think its wrong? Does anyone on here think it's prefectly acceptable and good that we are cloning things to eat? I hear lots of arguement against it, but I'm interested in the arguement for it. I want to hear another side.