Which RAers have you met IRL? (Read 1624 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My list would include... Joni/Sockoni Mike/PowerOfQ Tony/Mulks Sandy/"Cheffy" Eryn/backroadrunner (best friend) Vikki/Resailia Mary/hopeful4ever Rick/rvelich (sorta...I was within a few feet of him as he held up an HTFU sign at a race in May, but we never located each other in the mob afterwards. Sad) I love knowing these folks personally. Can't wait to meet more RA peeps in the future! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trentman359 - Trent rike101 - Rich dprice81- Dennis seeEricarun - Erica Mile Collector - Eric Lostinthenet13 - Doug evtish - Tom jaybar - Jay Eric and Erica have been here forever, the rest I've dragged from RA to Good Times or from Good Times to RA. The Good Times series takes tomorrow night off because of the holiday week, but at least some of us are still going to show up and run the course, eat pizza and drink beer tomorrow anyway. I loves me some RA meetups so I hate that I missed opportunities to meet mikeymike and Hudson at Stu's 30K, and RunToWin and NatefromRI at the Providence marathon. I should have been better organized, but maybe I'll get to say howahya in Boston next April. Smile

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I've met the Great & Powerful Eric Smile even before RA existed... ...and a lot of others, some of whom rarely post, some of whom post a lot.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've met the Great & Powerful Eric Smile
          You know...there are a few thousand people here who are jealous of you for that. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You know...there are a few thousand people here who are jealous of you for that. Smile
            And at least one of us who thinks, DILLIGAF? Tongue MTA: Just kidding, Eric. You're the best! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

So far I've met... Joe_h JVol44 mattw1970 Rockenmamof5 Chenille Shanhas GP160 Sagerunner Scout7 Willamona MTA: nj joe!! I met him during the NJ Marathon! How could I forget?!?! Blush I'm looking forward to meeting many more in November at the Monkey! Smile

Michelle

Dog-Love

Ive met Chenille Trishie (boohoo where did she go!!) SandiSue (my running buddy) Thats it!
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                  Ive met Trishie (boohoo where did she go!!)
                  Trishie, is missed. Wasn't that a one in a million random meeting on the streets of Baltimore?

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Dog-Love

Yup!!! And it was Trishie who was so great in stepping in and asking! Still makes me smile to think about the odds.
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      Yup!!! And it was Trishie who was so great in stepping in and asking! Still makes me smile to think about the odds.
                      I remember that post, that was awesome! Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I miss her...I e-mailed her a couple of weeks ago and she never replied. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

I met Trishierunner at the Richmond marathon. That's it from these boards. Hope to meet more in the future.
                          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

Lazy idiot

I met Trent last summer. The weekend of November 22, I will be meeting many others.

Tick tock

wanderingoutlaw

JustMarion - I met her after a race a couple of weeks ago--recognized her from her photo on this site (and her blog)

John

I met Trent last summer. The weekend of November 22, I will be meeting many others.
                                As will CheffysHUB and Cheffy..... Doing some Volunteer work for the Monkey this year.... Can't wait! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS"