Earbud Recommendations???? (Read 700 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I just checked out Yurbuds' website, and they look legit! Maybe when I get my next paycheck . . . Smile

________________________________________________________________________________________

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." –Confucius

Ajay Mac - AKA A.J.

I'll second the Yurbuds endorsement.  The only drawback I've found is, sound quality isn't great.  BUT...when I'm out running, I specifically don't want my ears filled with rich, full sound.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

AjayMac

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/sport-earphones-earbuds-headphones-sennheiser-adidas_504038

cannot recommend enough. both my dad and i own a pair for running. the additional piece that fits under your outer ear is brilliant.

Those look legit too! I didn't think I was in the market for new earbuds, but after reading this thread, I'm really rethinking that initial thought . . .

________________________________________________________________________________________

Ajay Mac - AKA A.J.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I have a pair of the behind the ear Yurbuds, AMAZING! I have ran through so many pairs of shorted out headphones, and I was using a pair of Skullcandy Titans but they really hurt my ears after a while (2 hours) and I ran 3+ with the Yurbuds and was still goin strong!

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

Mike2921

I am truly amazed at the number of replies.
          Thanks to all of you.

I think I will buy Yurbuds.
          Do you have any recommendations for the model?

Are the cheap ones good, or should I spend some extra money for the higher cost models?

Thanks again,

MWD

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_172541_ln?rh=n%3A172541%2Ck%3Ayurbuds&keywords=yurbuds&ie=UTF8&qid=1357950907&scn=172541&h=fec34c5b7e8c004e9b0c14b1aa27dadc07105aaf

Picked up a pair of Yurbuds a few weeks ago, love them.

an amazing likeness

To my opinion, Sennheiser are the way to go.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/freedom-bluetooth-headphones/

i really like my jaybird freedom Bluetooth earbuds. Sound is great and comfortable.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I am truly amazed at the number of replies.
                  Thanks to all of you.

I think I will buy Yurbuds.
                  Do you have any recommendations for the model?

Are the cheap ones good, or should I spend some extra money for the higher cost models?

Thanks again,

MWD

I went with the ones with a cloth-covered cord.  Never used the other models, but I know in general, the regular rubber-coated kind tend to tangle more easily, and are more difficult to manage in general.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Token Fat Guy

I received a pair of Yur Buds for Christmas, I agree, they are fantastic.

5K - 29:29 10K - 1:07:52 13.1 - 2:28:36

DentingPavement.com

Runner100

I've used quite a few different types over the years. I do quite a bit of treadmill running and I'm a heavy sweater. My two issues are the buds staying firmly put and lasting more than a few months. I've been using the below pair (same as Nakedbabytoes i think) for several months and have been delighted with them. A bit on the pricy side, but they don't move at all once I pop them in and have  held up well. Plus the sound is sweet!

http://www.amazon.com/Bose-SIE2-Sport-Headphones-Green/dp/B008V9RW58/ref=sr_1_1

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I went with the ones with a cloth-covered cord.  Never used the other models, but I know in general, the regular rubber-coated kind tend to tangle more easily, and are more difficult to manage in general.

+1

I got the rubber corded ones and they get really messy really fast! I also got the behind the ear, I like it and I don't. They don't fall out anyway, but I like em cause I can clip it on to my shirt at the gym if I need to hear something other than my music

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

RRTex

Yurbuds with IPhone capability are great.  Good sound from an Earbud and water/sweat proof as well.  Love mine.

AjayMac

Yurbuds with IPhone capability are great.  Good sound from an Earbud and water/sweat proof as well.  Love mine.

I always use my iPhone to listen to my music. Are there some models that aren't compatible with iPhones? 

Ajay Mac - AKA A.J.

RRTex

The Inspire Pro Yurbuds allow you to control music, Siri etc from a button on the earbuds.  Most other headphones will not have this.

http://yurbuds.com/products/performance-fit/inspire-pro/

AlexaCT

Does anyone have the Yurbuds with mic?  I dont talk on the phone much when running but need to be able to answer calls occasionally.  I'm trying to decide between them and the Sennhauser PMX 680i

I can and I will!