What are your experiences with the Timex bodylink system? (Read 489 times)

Thinking about buying one used. I was wondering if anyone could provide some feed back on their experience with it. Anything would help. Thanks
    Wingz

Professional Noob

I have one and like it. It does get a bit annoying having so many different pieces to put on/ keep track of - watch, HR strap, GPS unit, computer downloader... I found I didn't use the downloader after about twice. Too hard to work with and I already have a good log here on RA. Wink Also, when the new log DOES come out, Eric will be supporting downloads from Garmin GPS units, but not, I think, Timex any time soon. So if downloading to your RA log is important to you, you may want to go the Garmin route. On the other hand, used equipment is sometimes priced so that it's hard to pass up... Evil grin I like gadgets. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Running Dad

I have the 3D GPS system w/o the HRM and I love it. It's really great for telling me pace and everything. I really like that I can clip the GPS unit to my waistband instead of having a big bulky garmin strapped to my wrist. I kinda would like to be able to record data but right now I'm not interested in spending the extra 75$ for the data recorder.
        Things to do this year:
        Not get an injury
        Things done this year:
        Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??