First Marathon! (Read 904 times)

I ran and finished my first marathon (Vermont City Marathon) this past weekend. My goal was 4:30 and I made it by a hair (4:29:12). I can barely walk today, but I'm already thinking of my next one! WOO HOO!

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

Congratulations!! Enjoy taking it easy as you recover! Smile Be proud knowing that you worked hard to get that goofy "I'm-in-pain" walk! Big grin

Michelle

Congrats! So, what was it like (weather, crowds, support, etc)?
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
        va

Hi mick_187, Congrats on your first marathon!!! Are you going to write a race report? I'd love to hear more about it...
            congrats! that is an amazing accomplishment Smile
              WTG!!! Congrats!!! Nice time Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Congrats Mick!! Smile Enjoy walking "the marathoners shuffle" Wink
                2009: BQ?
                  Race report! Race Report! You only get one chance to write a self-indulgent blog-style personal running diary that you can foist on family, friends, and fellow runners with absolute impunity: your debut marathon race report!

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Congrats! So, what was it like (weather, crowds, support, etc)?
                    I'm guessing around 60 degrees, overcast then a downpour about 3 hours in (thankfully because I was dying). The crowd and support was outstanding. Lots of water and aid stations and even a candy and bagel station! The city of Burlington, VT is really a great place for a race. The run is along Lake Champlain and you wind through the city and the residential neighborhoods and it's a really a great event for that city. I've only been a spectator at Boston which is everything you could imagine, but I highly recommend the VT City Marathon. Pretty flat course, a hill at mile 8 and 15.

congrats!! well done! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

Way to go dude! Big grin I am wondering when I will attempt one of these. I need someone local to hound me.

Vim

Way to go dude! Big grin I am wondering when I will attempt one of these. I need someone local to hound me.
                          I've been thinking that very same thing! Big grin

Michelle

Congrats Mick!! Smile Enjoy walking "the marathoners shuffle" Wink
                            LOL- Isn't that the truth! Congrats on #1 Mick. What are you thinking for your next one?
                            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                              Yeah, I needed a kick in the butt by my brother to do it. I couldn't let him do it without me beating him Smile He did great though (4:44:58).

Great job, John!
                                Modal, consider yourself officially hounded.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?