Tough marathon finish in Austin Marathon (Read 169 times)

Mysecondnewname

joescott

wow.  pretty inspiring.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

eddiegotsole

Pavement Shredder

I love this story!  Pure determination!

runlikeagirI

I thought so too, at first.  Then I found out she's not inspiring, just a dumbass.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/kenyan-marathoner-crawls-into-spotlight-with-drama/nkDk8/#e0b38a7c.257364.735648%23__federated=1

Hmmm, looks like that article is no longer free.  It was just a few days ago! Basically, she fasted for 18 hours prior to the race and took nothing but water during it. Here's a quote I snagged from it prior to it becoming a paid article:

"She had not eaten dinner the night before or breakfast (on race day). She was wary of American food".

OK, I understand people have suspicions, superstitions, routines, whatever.  Fine.  THEN BRING YOUR OWN FOOD.  Idiot.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

"She had not eaten dinner the night before or breakfast (on race day). She was wary of American food".

Wow. Still trying to figure that one out. An elite runner who doesn't eat for more than 12 hours before a marathon? Eats nothing? I'm no where close to elite and I take my own breakfast food with me when I travel to a race.