Strava/RunningAhead import (Read 399 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I use, and will continue to use, RunningAhead as my primary run log.  I did sign up for Strava recently and uploaded a lot of old workouts from my garmin.  Is there a way to upload to RunningAhead and later drag them over to Strava?  I'd rather not upload them twice. 

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club
    USATF Coach

Why don't you just import regularly to RA as your primary log, then once in a blue moon manually upload to Strava a large batch of files?

I use both as well and just keep my watch plugged in, upload to RA, then immediately after upload to Strava. Takes no more than 2 minutes. Actually it takes like 30 seconds.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I think that's what I'll have to do.

As far as Strava goes... it seems to list my "best" marathon as 5 hours, which is one I ran with my wife in 2010 (the watch was hers back then) but I've raced more than a dozen marathons since, and it does have them imported as 26.2, but does not note them as my best (3:07).

Same for a recent 5K I ran (18:17) but it lists my best 5k at 20 or 21 minutes.  Any idea why it's doing that?  They're all listed as runs.  Very odd.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Did your personal best races have a net elevation loss?

Only runs with no elevation change or with an elevation gain will count towards records. 

If that isn't the case, open up a support ticket with them. Give them the link to the activity you feel should be a record and they will be happy to make the change for you. That happened to me a lot when I first joined and uploaded a crap ton of runs/rides. The PR detection was out of whack, but now they work flawlessly as I upload one at a time. 

I had to email them about my personal best 5k and 10k and they reviewed my links containing the activities and adjusted it for me. I recommend doing the same. Then after that next time you run those distances and beat your time it should detect it automatically.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I uploaded in massssss bulk (250 runs all at once) so I bet that's the case.

Also, I assume it only takes in runs that were actually races, so my 5K PR might be thought of as a run since it was a small local race.  Still doesn't explain my marathon differences, but I'll see about opening a ticket.  Thanks for the advice.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach