First 5k (Read 900 times)

Hi Everybody...First of all, I'm relatively new to the forum, so "hi". But the real reason for my post: I just ran my first 5k yesterday evening...33:27. I know its slow, but I was so excited about my time, especially since I've only been running since January I just wanted to share my news, since I love reading everyone else's accomplishments. Big grin Becky
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's really awesome--especially since you are so new! I guarantee that if you keep with it you will blow that PR out of the water--you'll almost certainly see a sub-30 5k! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats! Well done! No worries on the speed thing...granted we have some awesome elites here in the RA community, but all are welcome here. They let me hang around and I haven't been able to string together a good week in months. But, well done!
        If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
          Way to go Becky! Have you signed up for race number 2 yet? It's addicting!
          ---- Cynthia
            welcome becky, congrats on your first race!!
              Welcome to the Forum Becky and CONGRATS on your 5k!!! Like others have asked, have you signed up for another race yet?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Congrats and Welcome Becky!! Smile
                  Wow...thanks for all the support! I haven't signed up for another race yet, but I am definitely looking for one. I didn't realize how much I would like the actual racing. But I was so wrong...it was so much fun! I can't wait for the next one!!
                    Great job! Welcome to the forum. Keep us up to date on future races, it will be nice to hear your race reports. Smile

Michelle

Great job Becky. Keep it up!
                      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com