Weatherproof Running Jacket/Pullover Suggestions? (Read 932 times)

Looking for a fall jacket or pullover to run in during fall's cold, rainy days. Something that will keep me mostly dry and warm, but breathe a bit as well. Anyone have a recommendation? Or even a recommendation against something that didn't work out for you? Thanks!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have an older version of this jacket...it is excellent--breathes, but water beads off of it: Mizuno Rebel

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have a neon yellow nike pullover that works pretty well, and is VERY visible to cars. Not sure exactly what it is called, though.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Embrace the weather. Run wet in the rain. Run cold in the snow. Wear gloves. But don't hide from the elements, flow into them...
            Embrace the weather. Run wet in the rain. Run cold in the snow. Wear gloves. But don't hide from the elements, flow into them...

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mikeymike

Nothing will really keep you dry while running in the rain. I have a DryRoad jacket that I bought from Road Runner about 5 years ago on the clearance rack for like $50. It's pretty bullet proof and I've used it down to sub-zero temps and in cold, hard rain (like 34F and raining/sleeting). That's pretty good and keeps me warm. You still get soaked though, both from sweat not really avaporating in the rain, and from water dripping down the neck hole etc. If it's fall temps (40-50F) and raining I usually just wear a yellow brooks vest to keep my core warm, and a hat with visor to keep the rain out of my eyes.

Runners run

Carl A

Any nylon jacket, even a hand-me-down or one from a thrift store, works good if you spray it with Camp Dry.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I've seen these - only jacket I've seen with an all mesh back - but water resistant in the front craft

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group