Anyone doing Tahoe Rim Trail next Weekend? (Read 560 times)

I'll be attempting my first 50K. Should be beautiful!
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm jealous! Did the fires hit any of the race area?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm jealous! Did the fires hit any of the race area?
        No, the biggish Angora fire a couple weeks back was on the south west shore, the TRT is alon the east side. Getting nervous now, 4 days till drop bag and bib pick-up in Carson City.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Imminent Catastrophe

I can't make TRT, have you heard anything about: http://www.lakeofthesky50k.com/?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

PerfesserR - I did about 2/3 of that route as a training run 2 weeks ago. Just finished the TRT yeasterday (more to come later). The Lake of the Sky trail is not as difficult from elevation change, but the trail, at least the western-most portion, is incredibly rocky. As in trail made of 4-inchis angular rocks. Ankle twisting stuff! It last, off and on, for about the western 4-5 miles.The remainng portion of the run is okay - typical up/down, single track, a few nice views, but mostly in trees. I would much rather run the 32 I did yesterday than the 16 I did on the training run!

Imminent Catastrophe

Looking forward to a TRT report. This is one I want to do soon.