What to do at stoplights /crosswalks??? (Read 762 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My method is to stop, look away from traffic and looked bored. Wait for the green.

That's pretty much me as well.

steph  

#artbydmcbride

I roll my ankles to stretch them all while glaring at the drivers in the turn lane...!

Runners run

Joann Y

Anybody twiddle their thumbs?   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thumb_twiddling

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jfa

This brings up something else in my mind. When you're running on a sidewalk and a car is approaching and the driver is going to make a right hand turn. All the way back ,the driver is only looking to the left. Often they roll all the way through the corner without even stopping . I love to glare at them when they FINALLY look to their right, see me for the first time, and realize, "uh, I guess I should've looked that way too." Some won't think that ,of course.

Moral of story: Beware of right turners!

DDXD

Slower than I look

This brings up something else in my mind. When you're running on a sidewalk and a car is approaching and the driver is going to make a right hand turn. All the way back ,the driver is only looking to the left. Often they roll all the way through the corner without even stopping . I love to glare at them when they FINALLY look to their right, see me for the first time, and realize, "uh, I guess I should've looked that way too." Some won't think that ,of course.

Moral of story: Beware of right turners!

Where I live, I have a similar issue.  Almost all of the intersections allow unprotected left turn yields.  So as a driver you need to check for 2 things before turning left; auto traffic coming from the opposite direction and PEDESTRIANS CROSSING AT THE CROSSWALK!  Guess which ones the idiots around here usually forget about?  I swear I'm going to throw my shoe at someone one of these days...

Charles G

I always pause my watch and never jog in place.

Same here.

I also count the cars that don't stop at the crosswalk. Usually it's at least 5 drivers. When I used to live in Worcester I waited patiently a crosswalk at Elm Park and nobody stopped. When I came back I didn't bother and a lady screamed at me. "WHY DON''T YOU USE THE CROSSWALK!"

JimR

I hold my hat out.  Sometimes I can get a fiver or so.

Birdwell

small town living has it's benefits. If the lights green, I cross.

If it's red, I cross.

If a cop is sitting at the red light, I wave and yell "Hi Dave" as I cross.

#artbydmcbride

I hold my hat out.  Sometimes I can get a fiver or so.

I would give you a sammich!

Runners run

mikeymike

If a cop is sitting at the red light, I wave and yell "Hi Dave" as I cross.

Do you only have one cop, or are they all named "Dave"?

Runners run

Birdwell

Do you only have one cop, or are they all named "Dave"?

The one working the shift when I run is Dave.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I would give you a sammich!

I need to route my runs past you.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Birdwell

I need to route my runs past you.

If you'd quit messing around with those rinky dink 3 a days and put together a decent long run, you could be there by August.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I usually go around behind them and whack on their rear quarter-panel with the flat of my hand.  That usually wakes them right up.

As for traffic circles, it's a reliable fact that the guy in the circle will stop and yield to someone entering in my town.  We only have a few of them, so I guess its excusable.  But I just can't help screaming into my empty car, "YOU'RE MISSING THE WHOLE POINT!"

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do