Political Activism Regarding MMJ... (Read 420 times)

The icing on this thread's cake would be Sportsjester coming back to tell us that if we smoked pot like an ostrich, we could get 10% higher.

Funny you mention SJ....

A couple days ago, I got an Ironman Facebook thing, and SJ's real last name was the author of the article.  It's a unique last name, and it took me about 1 second (or a fraction of it) to realize that SJ's not working for Ironman as their Chief Marketing Officer.

However, now I wonder if they're related... hmmm???

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

JimR

The icing on this thread's cake would be Sportsjester coming back to tell us that if we smoked pot like an ostrich, we could get 10% higher.

He's busy doing physical therapy.

What happened to you totally sucks, but I don't agree the drug war will end if marijuana is legal.  Do you really think all the gangs and people that sell marijuana will magically disappear. 

One of the arguments used by the stoners in Washington was that the illegal growing, distribution, and selling of pot that our government (state and federal) has been unable to control will magically disappear when pot is legal .

Really? The people that have gone head to head with the DEA, state, county and city police are now going to afraid of the tax man or code enforcement officer?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Why is it sideways?

One of the arguments used by the stoners in Washington was that the illegal growing, distribution, and selling of pot that our government (state and federal) has been unable to control will magically disappear when pot is legal .

Really? The people that have gone head to head with the DEA, state, county and city police are now going to afraid of the tax man or code enforcement officer?

I can't believe I'm making a serious post on this thread, but I think the idea is that free market capitalism will do the work that the government can't do.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

I can't believe I'm making a serious post on this thread, but I think the idea is that free market capitalism will do the work that the government can't do.

Or people who no longer have to fear incarceration will just plant it out back beside the tomatoes and cucumbers as it's not a hard plant to grow.

So more of a Friedman over Keynes philosophy.  I feel ya.

Can we add monetary policy to the list of topics addressed in this thread?

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

JimR

I suspsect there'll be a surplus of 15 year olds that have taken a sudden interest in gardening.

Why is it sideways?

So more of a Friedman over Keynes philosophy.  I feel ya.

Can we add monetary policy to the list of topics addressed in this thread?

I'm just saying that it's not tax collectors doing enforcement, it's the market, yo! I'm big on capitalism. This relates to that other thread.

Feeling the growl again

He thought they were B12 injections.

oh wait that was Clemens.  Um Bonds. Um Sosa. Aw crap I forget but it was on the Internet so must be true.

Better than saying it was from Extenz...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MrH

Or people who no longer have to fear incarceration will just plant it out back beside the tomatoes and cucumbers as it's not a hard plant to grow.

Or a massive reduction in market price due to abundant availability will make it an unattractive endeavor for illegal operators.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

MrH

Heh.  Look at his evaluation...

Maybe he's not an expert at all forms of physical therapy.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Heh.  Look at his evaluation...

I figured someone here had decided to "evaluate"  him.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

flarunner

This thread is very entertaining. All y'all are funny. Keep it up.

nothing to see hear,

these are not the joints you're looking for,

move along

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn