Yum yum eat em up (Read 1202 times)

xor

Queen of 3rd Place

Frosting?? Pumpkin pie isn't supposed to have frosting!

Ex runner

Frosting?? Pumpkin pie isn't supposed to have frosting!

Just think of the frosting as crusty whip cream .

xor

I'd be less concerned about the frosting (I like the whipped cream idea) and more concerned about sprinkles.  SPRINKLES?

Even so.

Pumpkin pie pop tarts.  These are two of my favorite things.  Can't possibly live up to the dream, but we will see.

Queen of 3rd Place

Just think of the frosting as crusty whip cream .

Thanks. Now you've made it worse.

Ex runner

Imminent Catastrophe

Is this allowed in the Paleo diet?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

When I saw the title of this thread, I instantly heard the man from Borneo on Little Rascals saying "Yum yum, eat em up!" I've tried to use that line on my daycare kiddos, but they don't get it. They just stare at me.

I have these. They will be dessert tonight. Agreed: they cannot possibly live up the real thing but I'm a sucka for anything pumpkin.

Is this allowed in the Paleo diet?

Paleo, Pumpkin, and Poptart all start with the letter P. Coincidence? I think not.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

xor

When I saw the title of this thread, I instantly heard the man from Borneo on Little Rascals saying "Yum yum, eat em up!" I've tried to use that line on my daycare kiddos, but they don't get it. They just stare at me.

And that's where it came from.  Ha ha!

They probably will never get it either... that episode, like the "Salami, Salami, Baloney" Popeye cartoon is verrrrry verrrry not-good for obvious reasons and doesn't get shown these days.  (similarly, anyone who buys Jonny Quest on DVD will be missing a key episode. "The one with the pygmies".)

For those who do not know.  The circus side-show had a "savage" from Borneo.  He did not speak much English.  He was quite fond of candy.  He would say "Yum yum eat em up!" when he saw candy.  Alas, Our Gang thought he was saying that because he wanted to et them.  So he chases them around and around because he wants their candy and they misunderstand the intent of the chase.

That episode and the fire station one are my favorites. "Hook and Ladder" I think.

Cool Jump Suit

My wife's anti-PopTart, but this, this may turn her to the dark side.

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          Won't ask for absolution;
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          Still searches for solution.
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

Slice

I must get me some of those! I too, am a sucker for anything pumpkin. My favorite are the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies from Kroger. Or, what I like to call, little chunks of Heaven. They're amazing... They have a cake-like consistency. Maybe I'll go get some tomorrow along with my pumpkin Pop Tarts. After a stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a pumpkin donut.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Prince of Fatness

Pumpkin Pop Tarts?

Dead

Not at it at all. 

RunsForCake

I bought these last year about this time.

They are much better heated up and really could use more pumpkin.  And, they go great with pumpkin spice coffee! 

I don't eat Poptarts but this time of year I will eat a couple of these.