What is fartek? (Read 1451 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

A definition would help and maybe some pointers to resources? Thanks.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Lisa3.1

Fartlek Fartlek
      theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks. Obviously I would've gotten a lot better Google responses if I had spelled the word correctly. Undecided

Paul

Junior Amphibian

I think fartek has something to do with the early morning bowel movements while running. Cool

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

It's a high-tech vapor barrier fabric that allows gaseous emissions to pass through undetected, but blocks malodorous "farticles." Kinda like Goretex.
            Nev

It's a high-tech vapor barrier fabric that allows gaseous emissions to pass through undetected, but blocks malodorous "farticles." Kinda like Goretex.
              Thaks for that, I just spat cider allover my keyboard ! Big grin
              Len

Damn Yankee

bowel movements while running. Cool
                That is what is commonly referred to as a Candice in most running circles.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

SteveSwede

Fartlek is actually a Swedish word Smile comprised of two parts: 'fart' which means 'speed', and 'lek' which means 'play' . that is: speedplay. In Fartlek training you basically vary your speed as you please, with no set times or distances.
                  theyapper

On the road again...

Fartlek is actually a Swedish word Smile comprised of two parts: 'fart' which means 'speed', and 'lek' which means 'play' . that is: speedplay. In Fartlek training you basically vary your speed as you please, with no set times or distances.
                    Thanks. So basically I vary the speed of my farts while running and have fun at the same time. Got it. Big grin

Paul

Go Pre!

That is what is commonly referred to as a Candice in most running circles.
                      Fartek is the name of the material that lines the new release of DeepEnds 'Candice Strength Protection' tm Running 'shorts'
                      mosswald87

a fartlek is when you run for lets say 2min then after that min u sprint for a min. You do this for about twice as long as your race length.

Man in Tights

Farting into your iPod Smile