3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

AroundTheHorn

If you want to run fast (no touchy, feely stuff here Smile): UFO - Lights Out UFO - Shoot Shoot Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar
    If you really want songs that get theblood pumping I suggest these Nine Inch Nails - Last, Burn Deftones - Headup, Adrenaline Slipknot - Duality Sevendust - Denial
    Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
    seeEricaRun

Awesome

If I actually listed mine I'd probably get kicked off this board for being such a geek Big grin
      Mostly, I listen to NPR podcasts when I run. Sometimes I listen to med school lectures.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mostly, I listen to NPR podcasts when I run. Sometimes I listen to med school lectures.
        I'm starting to consider borrowing audiobooks on CD from the Library and loading them to my iPod. Backroadrunner listens to books as much as music when she runs. Once I get over 3 hours for my long runs I think something other than music might be kind of refreshing.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've only been using the iPod on the treadmill lately, but when I do, I'm all about the podcasts. I've considered audiobooks, but that might require a little too much attention. My mind needs to wander during a run...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've only been using the iPod on the treadmill lately, but when I do, I'm all about the podcasts. I've considered audiobooks, but that might require a little too much attention. My mind needs to wander during a run...
            Yeah, that has been the one thing stopping me. I should do the podcasts, though. I could listen to WGN radio a day late...that would be cool.

~ Sarah Kay

Go Daddy

I could almost deal with Milt Rosenberg podcasts during a long run. Some of his topics are a little deep and thought provoking...but there is no way i could take a step with Kathy and Judy in my ears.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I could almost deal with Milt Rosenberg podcasts during a long run. Some of his topics are a little deep and thought provoking...but there is no way i could take a step with Kathy and Judy in my ears.
                Awww...I love The Girlfriends! But Steve Cochrane is my fave. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I'm starting to consider borrowing audiobooks on CD from the Library and loading them to my iPod. Backroadrunner listens to books as much as music when she runs. Once I get over 3 hours for my long runs I think something other than music might be kind of refreshing.
                  I've tried the books on tape, but I just can't pay enough attention to them. For some reason NPR isn't quite as demanding.
                  rkeddie

That's exactly what I've done. After a few 4 hour runs, I am sick of every song on my ipod. (2000+). I started doingthe audiobook from the library thing. Never anything terribly deep that requires great concentration. It really makes the time go by much faster.
                    dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Not to toot my own horn, but enough people have posted that they're tired of the same music every time that it seemed worth mentioning Podrunner, an hour of fixed-BPM music every week for free. See the links below my sig.
                      Steve Boyett
                      Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
                      Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!