3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Folsom Prison Blues - Cash
    One of the best. songs. ever. I need to get that entire album one of these days! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Johnny Winter, & Johnny Cash tunes are the highlights on my Shuffle. I know that's four but, how do you leave one of those guys off the list? Zoom-zoom, have you ever heard Johnny Cash sing Delia's Gone? Darkest themed song I've ever heard & nobody else could've sung it but him.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom-zoom, have you ever heard Johnny Cash sing Delia's Gone? Darkest themed song I've ever heard & nobody else could've sung it but him.
        I haven't, but I will look for that. k

~ Sarah Kay

One of the best. songs. ever. I need to get that entire album one of these days! Big grin k
          Get Johnny Cash at San Quentin. The version of Folsom Prison on that album is definitive, I think. Plus the original Tennessee Three never sounded better.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Get Johnny Cash at San Quentin. The version of Folsom Prison on that album is definitive, I think. Plus the original Tennessee Three never sounded better.
            Hmmm...iTunes DOES have the entire album for sale... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

I just started running this year but every time I start to lose focus, these are my 3 go-to-songs: - Britney Spears, "Stronger" Blush - Remix of Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" featuring Enya...search for "Orincco Flow". Yep. Great. - My Chemical Romance, "Welcome to the Black Parade" <- i want to finish my half marathon to this. i="" want="" to="" finish="" my="" half="" marathon="" to=""></- i want to finish my half marathon to this.>
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

- Remix of Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" featuring Enya...search for "Orincco Flow". Yep. Great.
                I need to go look for this...'cause I am having a VERY difficult time imagining it... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's where my $15 gift card has gone...got in a dance/electronic/hip-hop mood.... Lose Yourself ~ Eminem Land of Confusion ~ Disturbed Pon de Replay (Pon De Club Play Version) ~ Rihanna Me Against the Music ~ Britney Spears Featuring Madonna Toxic (Armand Van Helden Remix) ~ Britney Spears Tear It Up ~ Yung Wun featuring DMX, Lil' Flip & David Banner Groove Is In the Heart ~ Deee-Lite Pump Up the Jam (Kurd Maverick aka Gians Crowd Is Jumpin' Mix) ~ D.O.N.S. featuring Technotronic Firestarter ~ Prodigy Breathe ~ Prodigy Smack My Bitch Up ~ Prodigy Just Like You Imagined ~ Nine Inch Nails (the song from the "300" movie trailers) The Perfect Drug ~ Nine Inch Nails Closer ~ Nine Inch Nails I still have one more download that iTunes will be crediting me...accidentally downloaded one track 2x (apparently there is no verification pop-up when downloading with credit from a gift card--learned that the hard way).

~ Sarah Kay

Oooh, I discovered another one this morning... "Sabotage" - Beastie Boys. Great for a fast run.
                    Lazyman

Nine Inch Nails- The Hand that feeds Massive Attack- Teardrop Massive Attack- Angel Anything by Massive Attack is great....turns you into some kind of fucked up running zombie.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anything by Massive Attack is great....turns you into some kind of fucked up running zombie.
                        I actually have Angel...I will have to check out Teardrop. I can see the zombie thing, LOL! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Here are a couple in my latest playlist: Feeling So Real (London Live version) - Moby Steady as She Goes - Raconteurs Seven Nation Army - White Stripes Daft Punk is Playing at My House - LCD Soundsystem Firestarter - Prodigy Galvanize - The Chemical Brothers

Robin

Along for the Ride

Nobody listens to Progressive Rock?! THE perfect running music ... My favorite 3 (today) 1. Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons 2. Nightwish - Bless the Child 3. Frameshift - Message from the Mountain Give these relatively unknown songs a listen! Runnergabe

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nobody listens to Progressive Rock?! THE perfect running music ... My favorite 3 (today) 1. Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
                              Ha, my brother is a HUGE Dream Theater fan. I looked on iTunes and there are 3 parts to the "A Change of Seasons." Sound like 3 different tracks. Which one do you recommend? They were all live and the snippets are too short to get a real good feel for the songs. k

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

I just checked on I-tunes. They have the song all chopped apart! It is one song with several different parts. The studio version is 23 minutes+ long and technically consists of: 1. The crimson sunrise 2. Innocence 3. Carpe diem 4. The darkest of winters 5. Another world 6. The inevitable summer 7. The crimson sunset ... Talk to your brother, see if he has the albums. The studio version is on "A Change of Seasons". And a good live version is on "Live scenes from New York" disc 3. This is seriously my most favorite running song! I have PR'd my 5k time to it and hit the wall in an 18 mile training run (but finished it) and also listened to it during my full marathon.... the instrumental parts and LaBrie's vocals have so much energy. Good stuff to draw from while running! Runnergabe

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.