3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

Standing Outside the Fire, Garth Brooks Any of the fast stuff done by Alabama Riverdance Where the Blacktop ends

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Standing Outside the Fire, Garth Brooks Any of the fast stuff done by Alabama Riverdance Where the Blacktop ends
      Love them all! *sigh* Country music will always be my favorite. Smile

Michelle

Took awhile before I came to country music. Then I saw that it really has a Celtic feel and beat and I was hooked!! Seven Bridges Road My wife is a non runner. I was talking about her MP3 Player (I use it on runs) and was sayng there was a great running song already on it by Garth Brooks. She didn't even take time to think about it!! Just blerted out Standing Outside the Fire.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Took awhile before I came to country music. Then I saw that it really has a Celtic feel and beat and I was hooked!!
          My favorite country is the stuff that is more Celtic/folksy in nature. I'm a big Dixie Chicks fan thanks to that fiddle! I really should pick up Riverdance, too...that fast stuff would be really great to run to. And that reminds me to go through all the dozens of Celtic CDs we have to find some faster stuff to run with. I have some good Ashley MacIsaac that I'll bet would yield some good runnin' tunes! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My favorite country is the stuff that is more Celtic/folksy in nature. I'm a big Dixie Chicks fan thanks to that fiddle! I really should pick up Riverdance, too...that fast stuff would be really great to run to. And that reminds me to go through all the dozens of Celtic CDs we have to find some faster stuff to run with. I have some good Ashley MacIsaac that I'll bet would yield some good runnin' tunes! Big grin k
            The ditzy chicks are off my list. Politics!! But it really makes no difference to me which POTUS they disrespected. They dierespected him overseas! I'm old fashoned in that respect. One does NOT air their dirty laundry to stranges and to stranges that paid money to hear them sing! It is not as if they are Peter, Paul and Mary who's bread and butter is political protest music. One expects that and pays to hear it. And then there is the Country Music fan Base. A bigger group of Flag wavers and America is Great yo are not going to find. And the ditzy chicks just shit in their face!! MORNIC!!

I'm SO glad this thread is here. My first ever Shuffle should be here tomorrow & I've been pondering what songs to put on it. You guys have given me lots of ideas! I've added a few of my own fave's to the list: Cindi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Did I just admit that?) John Hiatt - All The Lilacs In Ohio, The Tiki Bar is Open (ok, anything fast by JH) Ursula 1000 - Kaboom Paul Simon - pretty much anything fast tempo that he has ever written/sung!! Metric - Monster Hospital Ok, that was a few more than 3.
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                I am really liking the Sean Paul/Rihanna song, "Break it Off". It has a great beat.

~Sara
                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

A couple to add to the already impressive list: 1. Pretty much anything by System of a Down. Very uptempo! 2. Arctic Monkeys -- Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secure (cool British band worth checking out) 3. Rocco Deluca & The Burden -- How Fast (chorus repeats "How fast can you run?") On the rap side: 1. Tech N9ne -- Bout Ta Bubble or Jelly Sickle (I'm biased towards the KC guy) 2. Clipse -- Grindin' (great for grinding out those long runs) 3. Kanye West -- Jesus Walks ("The only thing I pray is that my feet don't fail me now!)
                    Celebrity Skin by Hole (but it is short - like under 3 minutes) My Life - Bon Jovi Highway to Hell - AC/DC I am an 80s chick - I like the hair bands so I have a lot of Motley Crue,Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Def Leppard on my IPod - my husband is mortified by it! Blush
                    Elena
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Celebrity Skin by Hole (but it is short - like under 3 minutes)
                      That is a GREAT song! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

more favorites... Aretha...chain of fools, think jive bunny &the mastermixers- swing the mood tom jones- it's not unusual, sexbomb j lo- cherry pie and i'd be remiss if at some point in this thread, i forgot to mention Pearl Jam! Tongue i've been playing Yield quite a bit lately, but really, i'll take anything of theirs...
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

tom jones- it's not unusual
                          Now that's funny. I may need to add that to my "Guilty Pleasures" list I posted earlier in the thread. I recently added these to my playlist: 1) "Think About The Way" - Ice MC (from Trainspotting #2 soundtrack). It popped up in the car in shuffle mode the other day, I thought it was a must have. 2) "Try a little tenderness" by the Commitments. I edited it so that it was just the fast section. I may need to also speed it up a little for running, but overall it has a great feel to it.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

2) "Try a little tenderness" by the Commitments. I edited it so that it was just the fast section. I may need to also speed it up a little for running, but overall it has a great feel to it.
                            OMG, that whole soundtrack is awesome--maybe not for running, but for listening. I have both volumes...excellent movie! Kinda off-topic, but when I did my semester in the UK I had the chance to see (for cheap) the actual group that the film was based upon at the school I was attending.. At that time I hadn't seen the movie, so I didn't go. After I got home I was REALLY mad at myself for not having grabbed that opportunity.

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

Now that's funny. I may need to add that to my "Guilty Pleasures" list I posted earlier in the thread. I recently added these to my playlist: 1) "Think About The Way" - Ice MC (from Trainspotting #2 soundtrack). It popped up in the car in shuffle mode the other day, I thought it was a must have. 2) "Try a little tenderness" by the Commitments. I edited it so that it was just the fast section. I may need to also speed it up a little for running, but overall it has a great feel to it.
                              oooh, i could get into some serious trouble with guilty pleasures! Here's a few of my blush-worthy selections... -"disco duck" Rick Dees -"in the navy" village people -"convoy" cw mccall Loves me some Tom Jones! When i listen to INU, it's hard to keep from doing "The Carlton" (that would be funny to see on the treadmill though!) and i've proudly taught "What's New Pussycat?" to my 4yr old daughter. Poor kid- i've doomed her to a life of cheesiness! lol Big grin
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have both volumes...
                                I've been aware of the existence of volume 2, but now that you mention it, I don't think I own it. Looks like I know what I'm buying next...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.