3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Kinda off-topic, but when I did my semester in the UK I had the chance to see (for cheap) the actual group that the film was based upon at the school I was attending.. At that time I hadn't seen the movie, so I didn't go. After I got home I was REALLY mad at myself for not having grabbed that opportunity.
    That is almost what I'd call a PTMM (Personal Time Machine Moment) -- one of those things that you would go back and change in your life if presented with a time machine and one round-trip jump backwards. Not to be confused with the HTTM (historical), which is potentially far more dangerous to the space time continnuum.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is almost what I'd call a PTMM (Personal Time Machine Moment) -- one of those things that you would go back and change in your life if presented with a time machine and one round-trip jump backwards.
      Yep! I would have gotten a more useful college degree, too, instead of 2 useless ones! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The ditzy chicks are off my list. Politics!! But it really makes no difference to me which POTUS they disrespected. They dierespected him overseas! I'm old fashoned in that respect. One does NOT air their dirty laundry to stranges and to stranges that paid money to hear them sing! It is not as if they are Peter, Paul and Mary who's bread and butter is political protest music. One expects that and pays to hear it. And then there is the Country Music fan Base. A bigger group of Flag wavers and America is Great yo are not going to find. And the ditzy chicks just shit in their face!! MORNIC!!
        I'm sorry, I thought this country was founded on free speech ... I thought dissent is (was?) the highest form of patriotism. Questioning your government is a not only a right but a patriotic duty.
        2009: BQ?
          I do not listen to music while running, but if I was going for beat... Deee-lite Thank-You World Clique Heart Be Still Fuddy Duddy Judge The Farm Groove Train 808 State Pacific Clash This is Radio Clash Rock the Casbah The Cult She Sells Sanctuary TIGA Louder than a Bomb (Cover - Just remember dancing to this one) You gonna want me Burning Down the House (Cover) Les Rhythm Digitales Soft Machine Dreamin' Feeling for You What's that Sound LTJ Bukem A Way Of Life Meat Beat Manifesto Mindstream (Stream of Consciousness Mix) Placebo New Order Everything's Gone Green Depeche Mode I Feel Loved (Fafa Superfunk Mix) It's No Good The Jackson Sisters I Believe in Miracles Gary Numan Cars Freedom Get up and dance Sister Sledge Thinking of You Yaz Situation Human League Fascination Don't you want me baby Animotion Obsession Antiloop Nowhere to Hide Pointer Sisters Automatic Beyonce Irreplaceable (sped up a little) Prodigy Rat Poison Everybody in Place Whatever the latest Voodoo People mix is Sounds for bad moods Tongue but looking for a beat NIN - Kinda I Want to NIN - Down in It * - Flashback

Vim

madness baby

I am really liking the Sean Paul/Rihanna song, "Break it Off". It has a great beat.
            Yes, yes yes. Great beat!
            deb
              I'm sorry, I thought this country was founded on free speech ... I thought dissent is (was?) the highest form of patriotism. Questioning your government is a not only a right but a patriotic duty.
              They have used/still use their free speech! NOT a problem! Just as I used mine in that post. And dissent is a great thing when properly directed. Jeffreson and Adams are at the top of my list as the greates heros ever. But they knew the price to be paid for that dissent. Free speech has a price. As I posted before. The problem is NOT that they did it but WHERE they did it!!! When you disrespect your fan base, why would you be shocked that the fan base uses THEIR free speech too and stops supporting you? Free speech is a two way highway flowing BOTH ways!! TANSTAAFL!! Hard lesson that!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, well, now the Dixie Chicks have a Grammy for best album (and 4 others from the same album) and a new fan base. I'd say that wasn't so moronic, afterall.... Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Oh, well, now the Dixie Chicks have a Grammy for best album (and 4 others from the same album) and a new fan base. I'd say that wasn't so moronic, afterall.... Smile k
                  There is that. A new fan base used THEIR free speech and supported them. And I need to learn to keep away from political discussions on non political boards!!! Can ya tell I have rather set opinions? Got me written out of the will those opinions did, so you might say I am stuborn too!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

va

I have all of my teenage daughter's music on my iPod, so I get to hear a lot of music I wouldn't ordinarily listen to. There are 3 songs by Panic! At the Disco that I found are really good for fast paced running: The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage London Beckoned Songs About Money Written By Machines But It's Better If You Do

Go Pre!

Zoomer - whatever did you spend that $15 on? Or did I miss that...sorry if I did...so many posts, so little time! I have a new favorite running tune. The super long version of Welcome to the Pleasure Dome, yep, by Frankie goes to Hollywood! Dad-o
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think this was the entire list... Waiting for Tonight (Hex's Momentous Radio Mix) - Jennifer Lopez Lose Yourself - Eminem Land of Confusion - Disturbed Pon de Replay - Rihanna Me Against the Music - Britney Spears Featuring Madonna Toxic (Armand Van Helden Remix) - Britney Spears Tear It Up - Yung Wun featuring DMX, Lil' Flip & David Banner Groove Is In the Heart - Deee-Lite Pump Up the Jam (Kurd Maverick aka Gians Crowd Is Jumpin' Mix) - D.O.N.S. featuring Technotronic Firestarter - The Prodigy Breathe - The Prodigy Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy Just Like You Imagined - Nine Inch Nails (from the 300 trailers) The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails Closer - Nine Inch Nails

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Eclectic!
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eclectic!
                            That pretty well describes my music tastes! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh...I just downloaded Marky Mark's song, Good Vibrations. Stupid song, but great running tempo...and I can think about how friggin' hot he is! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

i love his song Wildside.... i'm in a robbie williams mood these days...gah, i love that boy so much! He's just so darn cheeky! Big grin "Rock DJ" never fails to get my tushy grooving (even if the memory of the video still skeers the living crap out of me! lol).... downloaded the Bye Bye Birdie soundtrack the other day....i need to pick up the actual movie soon- haven't seen it in ages.... oh! k- have you heard The Sounds yet? Totally digging that group! Def check out "Ego" and "Tony the Beat"...Good stuff. Smile