Too close to home (Read 552 times)

Wow...unbelievable. Don't know how many of you guys have seen the headlines about the mall shooting that killed 9 yesterday but I live two miles away from that mall and go there all the time.
    keep running!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was the first thing we heard when the radio alarm went off at 6:20 this AM. I am so sorry for the families of those lost. Stuff like that makes you really thankful to not have been in the wrong place at the wrong time... k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

scary f'ing world

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

yeah, We're pretty sure a friend of mine's mom was killed because she worked in Von Maur (the store where all the shootings were) and he is not at school today. Not good. Omaha is a good place though, the community will rally around this incident and support all those hurt
          keep running!
            It's heartbreaking. To read about how it all happened, there were signs the kid was going to do something, but how would anyone know it would be this.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh...Patrick, I am so very sorry to hear that. I hope he's just sick or shaken and that his mom is OK. (((HUGS))) to you all. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

The voice of mile 18

very sorry for your loss.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

thanks all, I just checked the list of victims and she is not on there. I'm sure they are just shaken up
                  keep running!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

thanks all, I just checked the list of victims and she is not on there. I'm sure they are just shaken up
                    Oh, what a major relief! So she's not one of the injured, either, then? I can't blame your friend for staying home...I think if there had been a shooting at a workplace of someone near and dear to me that I would also need at least a day to recover emotionally. His family is so fortunate.

~ Sarah Kay

I heard about this yesterday --- so scary. Glad your mom's friend isn't on the list ((()))).
                      2009: BQ?
                        Great news about your friends mom Patrick in a very tragic situation!!
                        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                          Very glad to hear your friends, family and friend's family are alright. Your community will be in my thoughts.
                            Wow - what a shame... Good news about your frend's family. This stuff just really makes you wonder...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Imminent Catastrophe

I was in Istanbul several years ago and the malls and hotels there all had metal detectors at the entrances. Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time here.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016