RRCA Run@Work Day (Read 675 times)

Marquess of Utopia

"On September 21, 2007, the Road Runners Club of America, the largest grassroots running organization in the country, is promoting the 2nd Annual RRCA National Run@Work Day®. The goal of National Run@Work Day is to promote physical activity and healthy living through running or walking. Great Run@Work Day events are planned around the country by communities that have embraced the Run@Work message. Is there a Run@Work Day event planned in your community? Let us know about it!" http://www.rrca.org/news/index.php?article=2218 Anyone running at work today?
    mikeymike

Yup.

Runners run

Lazy idiot

Yup.
        Don't you usually run at work? Evil grin

Tick tock

mikeymike

Don't you usually run at work? Evil grin
          Couple times a week. So? Just answering the quesiton.

Runners run

Lazy idiot

Couple times a week. So? Just answering the quesiton.
            I know. I'm just jealous. We have no way to effectively clean up after a run where I work.

Tick tock

I didn't know about this or I might have brought some running clothes to work with me today. I'm due for a rest day anyway; I'm still in recovery mode from the 50k. I have not really done much running on my lunch breaks lately; it being summer and the sun being quite warm, most of my miles have been early morning or evening. Now that it's getting dark again, though, I'll probably start running again in the middle of the day.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Marquess of Utopia

I'm pretty lucky that I have showers at work; they just put them in last year. I have only used them once as I prefer to run at home. I have the problem that if it is a really hot day I will continue to sweat after I shower. -------------------------------------- After run notes: It's a nice way to break up the day. After a cold shower I'm still sweating, my shirt is pitting out. Blush
                t_runner

What a cool event! I will have to make note to organize something at work next year... Today, unfortunately, I did not bring running clothes... But I am fortunate to have a large number of running co-workers, a gym w/showers & treadmills, a neighborhood close by if you are partial to running on cement, and a flat dirt trail just a touch further away if you are not. Yes, I left this job at the end of the year last year, and was back within 4 months.. I missed all that! MTA: AND they also sponsor us in running related events, for example the local 'Corporate Challenge' and the local marathon relay teams.
                    Oh, if only it weren't so hard to take a run in a skirt suit and high heels. Tongue Although I am thinking about ditching out early for a quickie (run that is).
                      I wish we had showers at work - I know I'd run at work fairly often in non-summer months. Since I'm working from home today - I guess I ran at work today.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

mikeymike

Having showers at work is huge. We have 1 shower in our office of about 40 people but at most 5 or 6 people ever use it on busy day. Occasionally I have to do a conference call in my sweaty running clothes or something while I wait my turn, but usually there's no problem. I also work in a very casual laid back offie, which helps as well.

Runners run

derek

Since I'm working from home today - I guess I ran at work today.
                          I telecommute from home everyday, but it just seems strange to think about going for a run at lunch time. I should try it once winter rolls around and it's not so hot at midday. But like you, I guess when I run in the morning before work, I'm running "at" work :-)

Derek

I use the showers at the elementary school a few miles down the road from where I work. Close enough.

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

we have showers at work so i use them fairly often. friday i ran with two of my colleagues around some of the local hills and back down through the botanic gardens. perfect way to spend a lunchtime Smile
                                They have a couple showers and a really dinky workout room at my work. Showers are used primarily by bikers. If I am eating in, it usually takes me 45 mins to an hour to eat. So....No time for exercise... I have not been able to speed up my pace when it comes to eating 750ml of beans, 2 fruits, and cup of yogurt.

Vim