I need a new drug (Read 749 times)

Confused What!!! Would it not be better parenting to tell the child, " Honey, you're fine. Go play." Arg. Shocked Roll eyes
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That's just ridiculous. Roll eyes Kids have to learn that sometimes you don't feel 100% and you just have to wait it out.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sheesh. Dane likes to play the "my tummy's upset" game...when we tell him he should go lie down on his bed and not ride his bike for the rest of the day if he feels so ill, he usually has a miraculous "recovery." No placebo necessary. He just likes the taste of a lot of medicines (yeah, he's a weird one). Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We have a rule that if our kids stay home sick from school, they spend the day IN BED. No TV, computer games, etc. They usually get well pretty quickly!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have a rule that if our kids stay home sick from school, they spend the day IN BED. No TV, computer games, etc. They usually get well pretty quickly!
            My parents did that, too...and we couldn't do ANYTHING after school, either...no public appearances of any sort if we were sick.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

That's just ridiculous. Roll eyes Kids have to learn that sometimes you don't feel 100% and you just have to wait it out.
              Agree 100%. But some kids would file a lawsuit against their parents for negligence or abuse... Dead

• Black Canyon 100k
              • RRR
              • Zane Grey 100k
              • High Lonesome 100
              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
              • The Bear 100
              • Javelina Jundred (?)
                Huey Lewis. Overrated? Underappreciated? I have no opinion.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

A Saucy Wench

My parents did that, too...and we couldn't do ANYTHING after school, either...no public appearances of any sort if we were sick.
                  Its funny, if dd is REALLY sick and I decide she should stay home, she can lay on the couch and watch disney princess feminist nightmares as much as she wants. But if she whines that she "doesnt want to go to school" then she is told that she would have to stay in her room by herself all day long, no tv, no games, no mom to play with. Placebo pills. Roll eyes Why dont we just start giving them near beer and candy cigarettes too? Give them the full spectrum of fake self-medication.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

Most kids are just following their parents' example. If the parent is constantly complaining of aches and popping pills, the child will think that's normal behavior. I always get a kick out of it when my 3-year old complains "my ankle hurts, I need medicine to make it feel better." (because I've been battling achilles tendonitis and popping Alleve.) But it's also telling me that I need to be careful about what I do and how I act in front of my kids.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

A Saucy Wench

It does make me wonder on the "grape flavorings" and stuff. dd went through a bad bad cough and infection and she was prescribed first a codeine syrup then a cherry flavor anti B. And of course before all that we had broken down and tried OTC stuff for bed time to try and help her get sleep. For weeks after she would say "*kaff**kaff* I need med-cine" Totally fake cough. She had a bad ear infection when she was about 18 months...she liked the taste so much that her first polysyllabic word was "moxy-ciwwin" (amoxycillin) Roll eyes I am grateful when she NEEDS it that the taste is ok and she will take it, but we always have to hide the bottles or she will fake symptoms.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7