Is lean chicken good for running? (Read 322 times)

Logan Grimnar

My diet almost always includes lean chicken breast. Is this healthy for running?

100% of your diet?  Probably not.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

#artbydmcbride

100% of your diet?  Probably not.

And have you ever watched a chicken run?  They are not very fast....even the lean ones.   I think you should eat more Ostrich.

Runners run

Latent Runner

My diet almost always includes lean chicken breast. Is this healthy for running?

Nope, not enough fat.  I avoid white meat at all cost.

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
          • 2-mile: 13:49
          • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
          • 5-Mile: 37:24
          • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
          • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
          • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Feeling the growl again

And have you ever watched a chicken run?  They are not very fast....even the lean ones.   I think you should eat more Ostrich.

FTW.

Me, I eat elk.  Ever watch one of those suckers scale a mountain at 10,000ft like it's nothing?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I was going to ask which way the chicken was leaning but I like Ilene's response much better.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

DaBurger

depends on if the rooster's eggs roll off the east or west side of your south facing house.

Know thyself.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Chickens run really fast when their heads are cut off.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Chickens run really fast when their heads are cut off.

Well I'd call it more of a flopping around like a chicken with their head cut off...

You people have issues 

joescott

Well I'd call it more of a flopping around like a chicken with their head cut off...

Nope.  I've seen 'em run, too.  And they're hard to catch there for a short while until they flop over and then start flopping around.  It's all a bit disturbing when you're 6 years old, but that feeling is shortly overcome entirely by your grandmother yelling at you for not holding on more tightly and now the chicken is going to get more dirty and it's going to take her more work to clean it up and get it ready for lunch.  More than 40 years ago now, and I remember it like it was yesterday.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Kalsarikännit

My tofu is lazy.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

CT JEFF

I think there is an app that will tell your chickens ideal body fat for running, then you can tell if it is lean enough. But yes, a lean chicken will run faster. I have these 2 black osterlops that are so damn fat I almost chopped their heads off when they couldnt hop up a 6 inch step. Fat bastards. My white leghorns were so lean they could fly a good 10 ft and they kept getting into the neighbors yard. So, lean chicken is good for flying too, Id say.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

They may not run very fast but they can fly. Maybe eating more will grow wings and fly.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

#artbydmcbride

They can fly?    So they just choose not to?

Runners run

kk_kittenkat

Hi OP, ignore the stupid and unfunny comments, they're not welcoming at all. I would forgive them more if they made me laugh but

Yeah chicken, like most foods is fine in a balanced diet.