Stoned Runners??(Best time of the day to run is 4:20 am or pm.) (Read 4481 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

This strikes me as sorta funny. I mean, I know everyone's got their thing and I respect that too, but what about that runner's high. Getting high off drugs and then running is like...I don't know. Having someone squirt you with a hose while you're in the swimming pool! Smile
    Good analogy!! I just did 6 miles at the Y, while DS did 10, and I feel super. How could life get any better than running "with" your son? Big grin
    xor

"There ain't nothing better than getting baked and going for a run" used to be a comet-esque topic on CR and was almost always good for a multiple page thread. It usually took 3 or so pages before people started calling each other names. I put myself through undergrad partially by playing in bands, plus my brothers and sisters were all in high school in the 70s. HIGH school indeed. I never got into it, mostly because it makes a person very, very stinky. I don't know why a person would want to do this before running, but as long as they don't endanger anyone, I don't personally care. Just don't run next to me. Because you stink.

...And I do.

Yes, YES, I agree! Pot smokers do stink! Literally. I also don't care if people run stoned or not. But I have to say that I have just about had it with people being stoned in public. I live in Northern Ca in the "emerald triangle" and it seems like everyone is stinky and stoned in public all the time. Even in church -- seriously. Whassup with that? Sheesh.

My legs are killing me

Somehow it doesn't seem like it would be a good idea just for lung capacity. I always liked beer and never smoked pot because I was afraid if I liked that then who knows what would be next but I'm sure my mother's silverware would have disappeared. Maybe when you grow up you'll be able to appreciate a good run for what it is - a nice, head clearing experience. And your right srlopez, they do stink.
            SHELL!!!!! Where the he!! have you been?????? We've missed ya, little lady! A bunch of us are still posting in the Masters Thread in 40s+ On the Run. Come back! Re the topic at hand - I live about 30 minutes from Shell. You can't get away from the stuff here. The prospect of running while stoned? I think my asthma would rebel more than it does now. Plus, there's the whole paranoid factor I I had when I used to partake many moons ago. I can just see me now, running in the dark hours of the a.m., swearing that someone was following me. Bet I'd get through those runs faster!! PS - As to your other questions: The best time of day to run is 4:20 a.m. Absolutely.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Skooter 3.0

This strikes me as sorta funny. I mean, I know everyone's got their thing and I respect that too, but what about that runner's high. Getting high off drugs and then running is like...I don't know. Having someone squirt you with a hose while you're in the swimming pool! Smile
              Well, I for one, LOVE getting sprayed with a hose while in the swimming pool....seriously. On the real tho, I am a 27 year old dude, who is not opposed to pot smoking, per se. That said, I probably smoke pot 3 times a year, if that. One time, I caught a ride from a co-worker (my boss-- HA!) to a half marathon about 3 years ago. On the way, both people in the front seat (I was in the back) started smoking a joint, and asked if wanted a hit or two...I said, um, sure I guess, and ran the race high....or should I say the first half...it was pretty bizzarre and fun, but all of a sudden about 6 miles in I sobered up, INSTANTLY...it was a strange sensation...can't say for sure I'd do it again, but it was pretty damn interesting.

Goals?

but it also tends to jack my heartrate up when I'm just sitting there watching Adult Swim and I don't think running like that would be the best of ideas.
                The couple of times I've run high, it jacked up my heart rate pretty high too. I don't do it too often anymore, but when I do, it's run first, bake second.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've never seen the appeal of pot...it either made me wanna go night-night or puke (did that twice, decided I'd rather overdo it on beer/wine/liquor to achieve that end). I think I tried it all of 4 times before I decided it was not worth the hassle or stink. Nowadays it would probably land me in the ER for a breathing treatment.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

The couple of times I've run high, it jacked up my heart rate pretty high too. I don't do it too often anymore, but when I do, it's run first, bake second.
                    Yeah. I smoke, like, quarterly at the most, so it's a pretty special occasion usually shared with others, not just a run.
                    run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Menace to Sobriety

Random whiz quizes at work has put the kibosh on my weed consumption over the last several years. Back in the day, I did try to play basketball stoned a couple times, didn't work out so well. I did enjoyed getting baked, and I do enjoy running, but I'm not so sure I'd enjoy running baked, but to each his own.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I've never run high, but I'll admit that I absolutely LOVE getting baked and going cross-country skiing, so I can see how it might be a good time. The trick is to overcome that initial phase of extreme laziness. And I'm guessing the long-run gummy bear consumption would skyrocket...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Maniac

And I'm guessing the long-run gummy bear consumption would skyrocket...
                          lol....That made me laugh. Never smoked pot. Was at a party once where some people had it (I was in grad school). Completely wussed out. Now, I wouldn't even know where to get it. Other than buying it off the students at work, which somehow seems wrong.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

an amazing likeness

Haha--me too. Since the first time I've learned to abide by the "one hit is enough" rule, because then I can at least function.
                            Hottie. Tokin'. Librarian. Sounds like a J Giels video. Swoon. Big grin

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

...---...

I'd love to chime in with more detail - but just in case the FBI are monitoring this thread, I'll only offer that mountain biking and getting baked used to make for a fine afternoon in the woods. I no longer go out on the mtn bike...kept crashing, don't know why, but it was always funny as hell when I went down. Modified for spelling

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

xor

I'd love to chime in with more detail - but just in case the FBI are monitoring this thread, I'll only offer that mountain biking and getting baked used to make for a fine afternoon in the woods. I no longer go out on the mtn bike...kept crashing, don't know why, but it was always funny as hell when I went down. Modified for spelling
                                Heh.