Stoned Runners??(Best time of the day to run is 4:20 am or pm.) (Read 4481 times)

Slo

Pheidippides1

Your entire argument seems that it can be summed up..."Don't knock it if you haven't tried it."

It also seems that there is an strong element of a Born Again Christian-ship in your post..."You don't understand"

But I'lll bite.

I don't run with music. It interfers with my run. When I run a I like to crawl deep inside my head. I like to let the thoughts stream thru my brain. Every now and then I'll grab onto one of these and really follow it thru. Turning it over and over again. Sometimes it's very simple things like an eraser tip...what a remarkable instrument...that will keep my attention for what sometimes seems hours but in reality can merely be minutes.

Not much different than sitting on the couch buzzed huh? I've run buzzed...It interferes with my run.

Pheidippides1

lopez.   What in tarnation?!   I guess I'm glad to break down at least some of the stereotypes you have.  I'm like the MLK of marijuana for you. Praise the Lawd!

@ old man.  Thank you for the input.  I am assuming you don't smoke anymore?  Have you done a VO2 to see where you are at? I used to smoke cigarettes like every teenager but it has been a long time.

@slo   1. Yes don’t knock if you haven’t tried it is the general point regarding people’s post back to me.  But the initial point was form a dialogue with people who have done it.   2.   I'm not sure if the curse words or the pot smoking clued you in to me being a born again Christian, but no I'm not.  I'd much rather wake up and run than go to church.  

I do appreciate the input.  But I can’t tell if you really have tried running and toking or mocking?  Are you serious that you really turned the thought of an eraser tip over and over in your mind for what seemed like hours?  If that is your experience then I can’t knock your opinion.  But honestly that sounds very close to a stereotype a non smoker might use.   No I don't get like that all.   I can’t sit down when I smoke.  But I also would not like toking if it interfered with my run.  Are you covering distance or more speed and less distance?  Do you cruise for 10-15 miles or are you more like 3-4 miles but running fast/sprint?   

Kalsarikännit

I'd much rather wake and bake than go to church.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

>> I guess I'm glad to break down at least some of the stereotypes you have.

You have a very high (heh) opinion of yourself.

Please re-read my post.  You have no real idea of what stereotypes I possess, much less act upon.  And breaking down stereotypes?  No.  Just lots of goofy mumbo jumbo.

No Talent Drips

This thread is supporting, perhaps even creating,  message board stereotypes.

The MLK of weed! I feel high just reading that...

Dei Gratia

(It would be nice if someone older who really runs a lot and has smoked chimes in here).  

I'm ancient, I run a lot, and when I was younger I did some running under the influence of a variety of influential things.

It was vaguely interesting, but it made me feel kind of gross and it slowed me down. And I probably stunk. I mean, more than usual.

That's all I've got. Sorry.

Slo

I do appreciate the input.  But I can’t tell if you really have tried running and toking or mocking?  Are you serious that you really turned the thought of an eraser tip over and over in your mind for what seemed like hours?  If that is your experience then I can’t knock your opinion.  But honestly that sounds very close to a stereotype a non smoker might use.   No I don't get like that all.   I can’t sit down when I smoke.  But I also would not like toking if it interfered with my run.  Are you covering distance or more speed and less distance?  Do you cruise for 10-15 miles or are you more like 3-4 miles but running fast/sprint?   

My log is there and open for viewing. I cover several different paces and lengths of runs. Yes I have toked and ran. (A long long time ago) Yes I've actually thought about the simplicity of putting an eraser on a pencil and marveled at someones idea for doing so (sober btw) which eventually turns into how it's manufactured etc. etc etc. I also use running to solve many problems and challanges I am faced with day to day in my job.

I wasn't calling you a born again...I was comparing you to a born again. BTW, I pray. I pray a lot when I run. Usually the Rosary. Meditation without the external substance influence.

I used to be a habitual smoker. I both agree and disagree that it may or may not enhance an experience. I loved to split a doobie and then play hacky sack. I pretty much fit the stereotype. There might be something there in my screen name that could give it away...If your into Eric Clapton. Or Cream perhaps.

DoppleBock

Running is what you make it or take from it.

There are times I use running to contemplate life - Spiritual or not and I am deep within myself and do not notice my surroundings.

At times I clear my mind and think of nothing - I feel my heart beating, by rythmic breathing and just exist at peace.

Other times I am completely externally focussed - Either on trails watching for rocks and enjoying the beauty around me or on a TM watching sports or a movie.

Living in WI, I think I have done every sport at one time or another under the influence of booze - a little to a lot.  For me some sports or activites seem more enhanced by booze than others  (Wakeboarding, downhill skiing, volleyball, golf)  I find the more aerobic the sport the less of an enhancement (Generally) booze gives.

Weed - Don't do it - "The Man" says it is wrong.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

The MLK of marijuana.

(the following is not about The Pot, I realize that.)

Coleridge had a dream.

It led to Kubla Khan.

Well, the bits he could remember at least.

Pheidippides1

@wrigley  Smile

@dopple bock.  I hear you but it must be different chemistry for .  I love to drink but it is not something that benefits me when being active.  Even a little bit of it.  I will run a hangover away tho. 

@Slo -  you just made this effort worth my while.   I hadn't checked your profile.  I should have done so instead of asking questions.  You are running more than me.   I wander if I will change my opinion when I am covering more ground like you. You are older than me so i wonder if age had anything to do with it?  Thank you for sharing tho.  

I used to never smoke and run.  But I used to heel strike as well.  I would go out every other day and run maybe  2-3 miles and hate every minute of it.  Toking made it even more miserable.  (I have had two reconstructive knee surgeries btw. I shattered my meniscus cartilage and tore my ACL when I was 12.  So I never ran pain free until about two years ago) That why I was so into swimming and biking.  Then I shortened my stride and became a midfoot striker.  Now I cant run enough.    Everyday during the week I run 7 miles, occasionally bc of a long day or commute or evening plans i will cut it short.  On Saturday and Sunday its no big deal to go hit 15 each day.  Its only since running has stopped seeming like work has toking been any fun or seem like it enhances.  Doctors told me I would never run.  Everyday I come home and warm down/stretch I am thinking to myself "ok tomorrow you need to take it easy and recover.  This is day 20 in row"  But then the next day comes and I just want to run.  And each week I seem to add more distance to the weekend runs.  I am bumping up against time constraints during the week just bc of my job and commute times. I have considered running in the morning and at night tho to get up to 10-12 each day.    

Scout7

I used to never smoke and run.  But I used to heel strike as well.  I would go out every other day and run maybe  2-3 miles and hate every minute of it.  Toking made it even more miserable.

If toking made it miserable, why still do it?

So when I get on a forum and try to find others who may share the same experience but instead I get some guy named BEEF giving me shit and his boyfriend Lopez backing him up every 2 comments, I don’t care.  Why? Because they are letting current cultural stereotypes and misinformation shape their thinking.

Are you for real?  Beef's original post was a JOKE, and a funny one at that.  Here, I'll re-post it for you--mostly because I just think it deserves to be quoted again:

Dude. You're telling us about your SAT scores and your mother a decade and a half later on a message board on a thread last bumped a year ago. Time to reevaluate your achievements. 

Ha, ha, that's good shit right there.

In other words, lighten up, Francis.  Holding yourself out as a champion of the oppressed pot smoker and everybody else as closed minded adherents to old world thinking is just bizarre and lame.  Galileo?  Wtf.  Nobody cares whether you smoke pot.  I'm sure most of us on here know or have known some very successful and high functioning pot smokers.  Big whoop.

And anyway beef has probably grown more weed in a week than you've smoked in your lifetime.  (I don't actually know beef so I really have no idea if this is remotely true but hey it could be.)

Runners run

Pheidippides1

" Its only since running has stopped seeming like work has toking been any fun or seem like it enhances"

After I switched my stride and was hooked on running, I just tried it one day.  Not sure why.  But damn it felt great.  

Pheidippides1

Are you for real?  Beef's original post was a JOKE, and a funny one at that.  Here, I'll re-post it for you--mostly because I just think it deserves to be quoted again:

Ha, ha, that's good shit right there.

In other words, lighten up, Francis.  Holding yourself out as a champion of the oppressed pot smoker and everybody else as closed minded adherents to old world thinking is just bizarre and lame.  Galileo?  Wtf.  Nobody cares whether you smoke pot.  I'm sure most of us on here know or have known some very successful and high functioning pot smokers.  Big whoop.

And anyway beef has probably grown more weed in a week than you've smoked in your lifetime.  (I don't actually know beef so I really have no idea if this is remotely true but hey it could be.)

Thanks Mike.  I appreciate your input on your experience with toking and running.  Wait you dont have anything to say so you just pop off?  I didn't realize there was hazing period on the forum where a nubie had to put up with someone being rude and  just laughed it off.  Now i know.   I don't hold myself out to be anything other than a guy trying to discuss the topic of this thread   But thanks for your two off topic cents.  

beetlejuice, beetlejuice..................

Get off my porch