Stoned Runners??(Best time of the day to run is 4:20 am or pm.) (Read 4481 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dude. You're telling us about your SAT scores and your mother a decade and a half later on a message board on a thread last bumped a year ago. Time to reevaluate your achievements. 

Yeah, mikey is right; that was *funny*

Also, for what's it's worth, I have recently been reassured by someone who should know (*), that the earth is indeed still flat.

* I was so informed by someone who has recently been to very roof of the world, from which all things are visible, truth, and myth, and dreams all.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Pheidippides1

amores a troll is someone who post off topics messages that are sometimes inflammatory.  That would be you and anyone else posting off topic.

Mikey - I didn't take beef as joke.  Maybe I should have.  But I did just check out your blog.  cool pics.  You seem like an ok guy.   Im sorry I was rude to you. 

I appreciate slo hand a  few others feedback.  thank you.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

...a troll is ...

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

a troll is someone who post off topics messages that are sometimes inflammatory.

Well then sandblast my face and call me Troll E. McTroll-Troll.

I wish I could could contribute more to this imbroglio, but I'm headed out for a run.  Peace, y'all.

Runners run

No Talent Drips

imbroglio 

SAT worthy vocabulary.

Dei Gratia

xor

Hey Yosemite Sam,

I posted, in jokey joke form, my opinion that pot smells bad.

You came back and assigned my sexual preference in a manner that I'm pretty sure you meant negatively and gave me a partner.

You need to relax.  You have not yet seen hazing.

Kalsarikännit

@wrigley  Smile

Thanks for your approval.

Here is my beef with it.  My last time I rode my bike to work resulted in me being covered in blood and road rash, and even more annoyingly, a broken rear derailleur.  A jackass runner decided that she (like many of the runners where I run) should suddenly dart into the middle of a multi-use path without looking around.  There are many people on RA that have been hit (or nearly hit) by cars because of their fault or the drivers.  Getting messed up before running is only going to increase the possibility that you get hurt, or you hurt someone else. 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

this imbroglio

Have you had that looked at? Does it only hurt after you run?

Please post a photo.

xor

I could post a pic of Natalie Imbruglia.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

xor

Here is my beef

He was mine first!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ostrich runner

- I didn't take beef as joke.  Maybe I should have. 

I was half joking. It could be that toking adds something to your running, or at least your experience of running. I've enjoyed quite a bit of that and doing just about all kinds of things at different points in my life. Like you, I was to any cursory external observation, a functional person. People shouldn't be congratulated for functioning in spite of themselves. When you pop in as you did and offer only that you smoke lots of weed, did well on a test (a long time ago) and are employed, that's what it sounds like. Despite that one performance, you don't know what could have been without it. 

I'm not sure what perspective you think people are putting on your behavior and substance [ab]use. We know only what you've told us, and we hadn't told you anything before you made, ahem, presuppositions about our assumptions. The only assumption this really gives me is that you're projecting some self judgement. 

I've tried running high. It didn't do much for me. I do like occasionally backpacking altered and it sometimes can add to the experience when it's the exception. Occasionally with a little brain grease, a mental cog is freed and a breakthrough can occur. With a bucket of brain grease, shit just slides around. I'd be interested in hearing specific reasons why running high has added to your experience. In a post above you compared it to the Eucharist. I think running does provide some of the same benefits as religion for some people - ritual, fellowship, redemptive suffering, an unattainable ideal. It's possible that being high makes one or more of those richer for you.  

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Ostrich runner

He was mine first!

I'll be the meat in the WG Lopez sandwich. Grr.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum