Here's a World Record anyone can attempt (Read 995 times)

jules2

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

Darwin award contender

Runners run

Queen of 3rd Place

That last sentence is the real punchline.

Ex runner

BeeRunB

not me, nope, have no desire to attempt that one, nope, not me

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

not me, nope, have no desire to attempt that one, nope, not me

Why not? It requires much less painful exertion than running. It's almost like resting. What could go wrong.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That last sentence is the real punchline.

"Correspondents say it is unclear whether there is an official world record for the longest time buried alive."  And unburied alive, preferably not brain-dead.

A Saucy Wench

At how many hours do you officially become a zombie?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

BeeRunB

Why not? It requires much less painful exertion than running. It's almost like resting. What could go wrong.

What could go wrong? Besides screaming, wetting myself, and going out of my mind and becoming McMurphy at the end of Cuckoo's Nest, I'd have no fingers left from trying to dig myself back out. Shocked

bhearn

I'd have no fingers left from trying to dig myself back out. Shocked

No, the trick is to punch your way out, like The Bride in Kill Bill. Oh, wait... turns out that won't work.

BeeRunB

No, the trick is to punch your way out, like The Bride in Kill Bill. Oh, wait... turns out that won't work.

A robot doesn't have chi.  The Bride had a powerful chi. Cool

Kalsarikännit

How about a record better suited for this crowd?  The world's 7 day treadmill record (for men and women) was broken in December by a woman.  If you want to break this record, you have to top 517 miles.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jules2

How about a record better suited for this crowd?  The world's 7 day treadmill record (for men and women) was broken in December by a woman.  If you want to break this record, you have to top 517 miles.

I didn't think there was anything that made being buried alive seem attractive but 517 miles on a treadmill persuaded me otherwiseCry

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Kalsarikännit

I know one RA'er that could do this.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I know one RA'er that could do this.

I think that's his normal week's training.

DoppleBock

I have not wrapped my mind around 48 hour races yet ...

I run 24 hour races mentally like I run marathons - Time nutrition, pacing etc to go for broke and just to get to 24 hours.  I tend to over salt, over drink fluid etc - To do a 48 hour I will have to change some of my tactics.  My mental toughness may not make 48 hours either.  After listening to that many hours of Metalica I might flip out and insist I am James Hetfield.

I didn't think there was anything that made being buried alive seem attractive but 517 miles on a treadmill persuaded me otherwiseCry

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !