Bad Photoshop? (Read 1049 times)

What bugs me most is how much news and attention this has gathered.  I would hope people have more significant things to worry about than the relationship status of an over-valued CEO with no significant revenue stream.

You do live in America, right?  I'll be watching The Bachelorette while I wait for your reply.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Yeah.  I didn't think it was actually photoshopped, it is just weird that her head looks pasted on and that they aren't posing together as if a pic of him was thrown in there.  The weirdness of this photo kept bothering me.

Like it should win an award for best real photo that looks fake.

No probs.  I was just replying to zoom-zoom.  Anyway, she does look like a bobblehead there.

As long as I have (or had) your attention, where is the best place around Wrigley to get a beer?

xor

What bugs me most is how much news and attention this has gathered.  I would hope people have more significant things to worry about than the relationship status of an over-valued CEO with no significant revenue stream.

We do.

Picture still looks weird. 

Kalsarikännit

As long as I have (or had) your attention, where is the best place around Wrigley to get a beer?

Within the immediate block or two around the ballpark I'd hit Goose Island and have some local beer, then go across the street to Sluggers.  Avoid the Cubbie Bear.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

undue monkey

Plus the lighting on their faces doesn't quite match--there's something a little off, there.

Backlight on her veil is acting like a softbox (softboxes, actually.) Same backlight on Mr. Zuckerberg is not diffused.

Feeling the growl again

Picture still looks weird. 

Yes, yes it does.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Backlight on her veil is acting like a softbox (softboxes, actually.) Same backlight on Mr. Zuckerberg is not diffused.

It's not the backlighting I thought was weird (aside from it appearing that the sun is directly behind her neck, even though that's not physically possible with the foliage)...it's the lighting from in front of them that is off.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Elly.

Yeah, I know what that is (duh)...but in a horizontal shot it's aimed oddly--it's blasting him more and from the right, which doesn't make an awful lot of sense if it's a hand-held camera.   Even if it's a set-up of sync'd flashes on stands it's whack.  No photographer is going to set something like that up so that it looks like a string of lights is going through people's heads.  You'd think Zuckerberg could afford better photography.  Or maybe the photos were not taken under the same conditions and stitched together.

I suspect that the photo is taken by a friend. They are famously shy, and they were uncomfortable. They are slightly turned because she heard that is what you do to appear slimmer. But, to me, what is the most telling of the lack of photoshopping is that stupid wire with lights. It is really simple to get rid of that, and no real photographer worth his/her salt would have allowed that to remain. It is also really easy to fill in the gaps in the trees. Hey .... I just bought the latest version of photoshop, CS6. I'm in a learning mode.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It's not the backlighting I thought was weird (aside from it appearing that the sun is directly behind her neck, even though that's not physically possible with the foliage)...it's the lighting from in front of them that is off.

Fill flash.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just bought the latest version of photoshop, CS6.

SIX, already?!  I was POd when I upgraded my computer a while back and 2 would no longer work (from PPC Mac to Intel), so I immediately paid to upgrade to 4...about a month later they came out with 5.  I should have waited and settled with using freebie software in the interim.  I've always ended up with the even-numbered PS versions, so perhaps I should contemplate an upgrade.  Though 4 works well and I don't know what I'm missing with 6, so I should probably sit on my hands and not go see what new features are available... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Fill flash.

Crap fill flash, at that.  Someone needs a Lightsphere...

~ Sarah Kay

Within the immediate block or two around the ballpark I'd hit Goose Island and have some local beer, then go across the street to Sluggers.  Avoid the Cubbie Bear.

Thank you!

xor

Because I'm weird that way (and do things like intentionally netflix terrible movies), I have added "Cubbie Bear" to my list of places to visit next time I'm in Chicago.  I want to see what makes it bad.

I promise to spit-PATOOEY! on the ground as I leave.

Kalsarikännit

Because I'm weird that way (and do things like intentionally netflix terrible movies), I have added "Cubbie Bear" to my list of places to visit next time I'm in Chicago.  I want to see what makes it bad.

I promise to spit-PATOOEY! on the ground as I leave.

Nothing horrible.  They bring in bands on non-game days.  It is just the place that everybody knows because it is directly across from the ballpark, so it doesn't bring in relaxed people from the city who just want a beer or two before the game.  It hauls in packs of ex-frat boys from the suburbs who are intent on getting hammered and are acting like total d-bags.  The guys that you will later see pissing and throwing up on neighborhood residences.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

Ah.  Yeah.  Hmm.  I suppose I could try the "do you like apples?" speech on one of them.  Aside from that, doesn't sound as fun as I was hoping.