Under 11 minute mile pace (Read 1565 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Looks like you have not run in over a month. Is everything okay? You were doing great!! Big grin

Slow-smooth-fast

well my first milestone tonight and on my 48th birthday to boot. ran my first 5 mile run and beat my goal. Was trying to break 50min mark and finished in 48:50 which i was very happy with. So i hope it is not true it takes 8-9 years to reach your running peak, hope to be there in half that time...lol...good job starflight keep up the good pace, i did not start running till 4 years ago and was a pack a day smoker and could hardly last 5 min on a treadmill, know running sub 10min miles and doing more then i thought i ever could so keep the faith my friend.
      That is good going, I am sure you will get there sooner!! I mean when i started a year ago, my 5 mile time was about the same as yours, now I can knock 5 mile out ona very easy run in about, 40 mins, and pushing the tempo in about 34. In a race I think I will be close to 33. All about sticking with it and it will come.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Cause I CAN

Hey congratulations Big grin I can't wait to be able to say that!
        Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
        http://terri7291.blogspot.com/