Urban Bourbon Half Marathon in Louisville Kentucky (Read 46 times)

jfarley05

I don't know if there are many runners who take part in this forum that are fans of bourbon but if there are, I have the race for you! The Louisville Sports Commission is putting on a half marathon called the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon on October 25th, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. that starts in downtown Louisville Kentucky. For those of you who don't know, Louisville has a very rich heritage with bourbon and was the location for the first commercial bourbon distillery opened by Evan Williams in 1783. Trust me when I say you don't want to miss out on our unique bourbon themed medal!! It wouldn't be an Urban Bourbon experience without bourbon! We will have a small bourbon tasting at our packet pick-up on the Thursday and Friday before the race and a larger more upscale tasting at the finish line party. We will also have beer, pizza and other local favorites at our finish line party. For more information or to sign up just click the link http://lscmarathon.com/ or just comment on the forum as I will be checking in daily. Thanks and happy running!!

Jordan Farley

Feeling the growl again

It's too bad you elected to spam this website with your race, I'm close enough and may have been interested.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

jfarley05

I am sorry you feel that way. I honestly did not mean to offend anyone with my post. I just wanted to make runners aware that we have a race that is unique and special to our area. I am a runner myself and thought hard about posting on running forums and the possible negative response it may generate. I did not think it to be an issue. Again, I apologize.