2014 iWatch Thingy (Read 271 times)

xhristopher

Today Apple releases the iPhone for Baby Boomers, otherwise known as last year's Samsung Galaxy. Whatev...

But what's up with the watch?

I can't wait for the iphone 6 release, but I'm all set with the iwatch. I know you and your son will have it and I'll probably be jealous, but I don't see it doing anything different than my phone and garmin.

Today Apple releases the iPhone for Baby Boomers, otherwise known as last year's Samsung Galaxy. Whatev...

But what's up with the watch?

bhearn

Very unlikely to be as boring as Samsung's entry. This is the kind of thing -- like cell phones -- that doesn't get done right until Apple does it. Or at least that's the expectation they have to live up to now. We'll know soon.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I'm wearing one of those samsung watches right now (the sport version).  Got it as a free trial for a month from the samsung experience store, along with a galaxy 5.  The watch is kinda cool.  I could see how it could catch on if was a bit more user friendly... I find it cumbersome, as I do the galaxy 5.  It has too much junk all over the place that I don't need or that wasn't designed well.

If apple makes a watch, I bet it will be more user friendly, and I'd likely get one depending on what it actually did.

I'm upset about the rumors that the 6 is going to be a lot bigger.  I want an iPhone mini.  If I wanted a huge phone I'd carry around my ipad.  The galaxy is way too big for my pocket.  In fact, I think the iphone 5 and the 4s are too big.   Big screens are a trend, just like those annoying sqack walkie talkie phones (Boost Mobile, was it?).  I'm hoping they die off.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

bhearn

'Bout damn time for a bigger iPhone in my book. It's been almost enough of annoyance to switch to Android, if it didn't suck so much.

xhristopher

I'm watching the live video on idevice and there is a Chinese voice over. She's louder than Tim Cook and talking over him. I can't edure much more of this.

Well, the whole thing just crashed. I'm kinda thankful for that.

That was terrible!! I'm now just on gizmodo.com.

I'm watching the live video on idevice and there is a Chinese voice over. She's louder than Tim Cook and talking over him. I can't edure much more of this.

Well, the whole thing just crashed. I'm kinda thankful for that.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I jumped off too.  That woman was annoying.

Embarrassing for Apple.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

bhearn

That was terrible!! I'm now just on gizmodo.com.

They finally nuked the Chinese.

Just a dude.

Not seen much on the I-watch yet, but I am looking forward to this:

http://www.timex.com/one?cid=HP-1up-ONE-getstarted

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I find it interesting that they are making a 16g and 64g, but no 32g. I would imagine you would run out of space in16g pretty quickly. Why not make a 32g as the base?

bhearn

Ha. Music playing for the "old-fashioned credit card purchase" video is instrumental version of Would You... (Go to Bed with Me). Haven't heard that in about 15 years.

xhristopher

Glad I'm not (my office isn't) the only one with the Chinese voice over. The live stream seems normal again, after the better part of an hour. I think they were over capacity so the voiceover was by design to get people to get off.

16 GB makes no sense. I've got 32 right now and have to manage it.

bhearn

Here it comes!!!

I hate myself. I'm totally getting the iwatch and iphone 6. Feck it!

Here it comes!!!