Blackberry GPS and software for logging runs (Read 599 times)

Running God

I did a quick search so forgive me if this is covered somewhere else in the forum. I am new to the site and getting back to running. Liking toys I was looking for a heart rate monitor. Of course I started seeing all the GPS toys etc. and since my Garmin GPSMap was stolen I have had little desire to go there again. But a quick search of software came up with Blackberry Tracker which I am trying - but it drops on a call. There is also MobileTracker that is about 30$ and GPSed ( free). Has anyone used those? I listen to my Blackberry 8800 as my running music and the GPS is already with me! GPSed is next on my list to try but any help on this would be great! It looks like you can easily save this to files. Next challenge is to find online software to combine my heart rate info from my TIMEX and the gps data - so I can cross reference the two. I understand that the Timex Data Logger will get my data into the PC - but if there are other ideas out there I would love an online solution. Thanks for the help - sorry if this was sooo long. Bruce in St. Clair Beach Ontario
    Quid - St. Clair Beach Ontario 2008 Goals C25K Human race Nike Plus

Are you a Good Person?

I have a Blackberry and a Garmin 205 and an IPOD Nano. I can't imagine taking my BB on a long run. Plus I'd drop it or something worse. I did the NikePlus deal which was great except they don't tell you the batteries don't last in the pod. I have a friend that uses the Timex GPS watch but he has to take this huge belt thing with him. I prefer my Garmin 205 over anything else. I think there may also be a new Ipod GPS type device coming out as well. It links into the Ipod like the NikePlus does. Sorry not much help.
      Abortion Kills