Meb cheated (Read 1434 times)

Scout7

Added Wittenberg, "Also, just before the start, he lifted up his tail and loudly deposited a 9-inch-high pile of steaming fecal matter on the pavement, an unusual occurrence even in the world of long-distance running."

I didn't know Candice ran NY....

Lazy idiot

I had the same feeling as Jim but to be fair to the Onion it was Trent's link title and subject heading that was alarming.

Put differently: typical Trent. 

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

Put differently: typical Trent. 

Yep.

Yellow journalist. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Skooter 3.0

Come on, people, that story is freakin' hilarious. Seriously.

Goals?

I just wanted to call Trent a name, to be honest.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

C-R

I just wanted to call Trent a name, to be honest.

You could have used jaundiced instead of yellow. You get alliteration points for that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

bhearn

Yeah, I agree. But then I saw it on the Onion first, before seeing the thread tltle here.

And yeah, Meb would totally kick the horse's ass. Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

Heh. I thought it was funny, especially the "photo". And nice Photoshop work.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

+1

One of the funniest Onion stories I've seen in a long time.

mikeymike

Story: funny.  Thread title: not funny.

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

Ok, it could have been funny in a different situation, but when I realized it was a spoof I felt more a sense of relief than a desire to laugh. Meb's story was one of the more inspirational I've heard in a long time. When you add to it his display of emotion at the finish...well...I didn't want the headline to be true...kind of a sick feeling.

Really?  How long have you been at RA and known Trent?  As soon as I saw the title and a linky link from Trent  I expected exactly what was delivered. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

GST

Wait Trent, I'm confused... will or will not horses be allowed at the Flying Monkey?  Big grin

A Saucy Wench

Wait Trent, I'm confused... will or will not horses be allowed at the Flying Monkey?  Big grin

Oh.  well with a horse I probably wouldnt DNF.   Hmmmmm

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7