33 yrs running on 4/22/09:Total mileage 68,593 miles (Read 1050 times)

Long time no post. Felt the urge to "brag"--well actually brag. Soon to be 66--I ran more miles last yr (2506) than I have since 1984. Qualified for Boston with a 3:57 last Feb. I also am posting to let folks know it does get easier as you get older. Slower--yes: but still having a ball. I am very grateful/greatful. Remember: a body in motion tends to stay in motion. Nick Smile
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wohoo!! Big grin Mazal tov LRN!!
        Long time no post. Felt the urge to "brag"--well actually brag. Soon to be 66--I ran more miles last yr (2506) than I have since 1984. Qualified for Boston with a 3:57 last Feb. I also am posting to let folks know it does get easier as you get older. Slower--yes: but still having a ball. I am very grateful/greatful. Remember: a body in motion tends to stay in motion. Nick Smile
        I'm seriously impressed and since I'm turning 57 (way too soon) it nice to know that I still have a long way to go.....and lots of years to do it....Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Hey, nice marmot!

Wow. Very Impressive. Well done. Here's to the next 33!

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Dave

Woohoo! Great job, Nick. Missed ya, buddy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

MrH

Your knees must be in terrible shape by now.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

And I thought my 3000 mile 'milestone' meant something. Seriously impressive LRN
                Dunottar

I've been crabby and sulking because a little muscle 'tweak' kept me from running today. Thank you, LongRunNick,..my childish petulance is now in its proper perspective. Impressive....awesome....words can't describe such an accomplishment.
                  celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Congratulations on this feat! You are truly an inspiration and have every right to brag.

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

kcam

Respect! Have a great race at Boston, good way to celebrate 33 years / 68K miles.
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Nick! It's so good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger! Cool
                          That's a great achievement!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

That is incredible. /slow clap, coming to a thunderous crescendo/ Inspirational, really.
                            “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz

Hawt and sexy

NICK!!!!!!!! OMG I have missed you. Tell us how Boston goes for you. I am now torn as to whether or not I should start the commando running support thread.

I'm touching your pants.

Respect! Have a great race at Boston, good way to celebrate 33 years / 68K miles.
                                Thanks for all the nice comments. Believe it or not. I am not running Boston. I ran it as a bandit way back in 1978 and promised myself I wouldn't go back until I could qualify. Well I qualified, and then realized that was the goal. My Boston experience in'78 was magical--my second marathon (first was a 3:58--Boston I ran 3:51). At age 34 qualifying time for me was a 2:50. I never got there. (PR marathon was a 3:16 in '85) This year I am doing something I never have done. I will run races --but not compete. I have run 432 (17 marathons and at least 10 ultras) races and decided to just run this year and not "train". I am averaging 50 mile weeks and just covering the distance. I do do a couple of pick ups if I think someone is chasing me. I need to get back and share with the Newbies. It is so nice to be remembered. Keep on keepin on. Nick Smile