Weekly 5K for Boston area peeps - grab a couple of tens and head for Lowell tonight (Read 683 times)

Hand one ten dollar bill to the nice Good Times Series folks, and they'll give you a number. Then you run for 3.1 miles. Hand the other ten to the nice man behind the table and he'll hand you a beer and some change. Drink the beer, then give the nice man behind the table your remaining five dollar bill and he'll give you another beer. Try it, you'll like it. Big grin Click the FTGTS link in my siggie for more details, come celebrate the return of Spring. The forecast on weather.com says a few showers and 58 beautimous degrees at 7pm, so it should be cold and windy and pouring. Clowning around

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I still need to try the weekly Wednesday 5K at Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield, which starts/finishes a perfect 2 mile warmup jog from my house and is only $2. But I would like to run one of the good times races this year...tonight will just not be the night. Have fun.

Runners run

jeffdonahue

I still need to try the weekly Wednesday 5K at Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield, which starts/finishes a perfect 2 mile warmup jog from my house and is only $2. But I would like to run one of the good times races this year...tonight will just not be the night. Have fun.
        Mike, I have done that one a couple of times this year - PR'ed at it in early March. At this point I am waiting a little longer until it wont be dark for the race before I head back, and man the headwinds can be brutal. I live about 4 miles in the other direction - Melrose so it is nice and convenient. Jeff
          Mike, I have done that one a couple of times this year - PR'ed at it in early March. At this point I am waiting a little longer until it wont be dark for the race before I head back, and man the headwinds can be brutal. I live about 4 miles in the other direction - Melrose so it is nice and convenient. Jeff
          Jeff, do they basically use the Run for All Ages course but run it backwards? I see the markings on the road when I run over there and that's what it seems like. It's probably light enough out now (sunset is 7:13), but damn it's windy over there today. I ran 3 laps of the lake this morning and I feel like I got beat up--it was almost comical trying to run NW along the Main St. side where the wind can get a full head of steam coming across the lake before it hits you nearly head on.

Runners run

jeffdonahue

Yes, it is pretty close to the Run for All Ages course if not exactly. It starts in the Lord Wakefield Parking lot and goes counterclockwise around the lake finishing on the Comverse road under one of the light posts. Yeah, that headwind is nuts. And with the direction they are running it (they change it to a clockwise course in the summer I guess) you have a headwind from the one mile mark to until you get to the Comverse building.
              Jeff, Where is the best place to park? I've been meaning to get out there as well since it's not to far from my home. I usually do Khoury's 4.13 in Somerville on Thursday nights, but would like to alternate weeks with a 5k here and there.
              sluggo

John

Ever try the Danvers 5K Fun Run? Entry fee is $0.00 and the beer is super. It starts at Cody's Beer something on Maple Street across from the Danvers Hardware Store. It starts at 7 pm and I am about to leave now.

John
                www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"